• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Configuring The Heads-up Display (hud)

ABC123

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
On the Elio configuration tool, you can add the HUD. This would be useful for blind spot detection and back-up inputs, but I don't see if these sensors are included in the HUD cost. Anyone look into this and have any insights (or speculation)?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As far as I know, the HUD just shoots data like MPH, RPM and other engine related acronyms up on your windshield. It has nothing to do with seeing behind you.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The iScout by Spade Techs is the HUD described and depicted on the Elio Configurator (https://www.spadetechs.com/).

Like Elio Motors, the company is a startup and held a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign in 2016 to attempt to bring their design to production. Like the Elio, it's anybody's guess as to whether or not it would be on the market by 2018.

One positive inference made by many on this forum was that by simply offering this specific product on the beta Configurator to gauge interest, Elio Motors silently confirmed that their vehicle would come standard with an OBD-II datanetics port.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the Elio configuration tool, you can add the HUD. This would be useful for blind spot detection and back-up inputs, but I don't see if these sensors are included in the HUD cost. Anyone look into this and have any insights (or speculation)?
The HUD has cameras built in that look rearward (basically from the dash, it'll look out both windows). There are no external sensors included. I don't think it would be hard to include a backup camera with the HUD since those things (like the license plate versions) are REALLY cheap.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

DLAllen

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The iScout by Spade Techs is the HUD described and depicted on the Elio Configurator (https://www.spadetechs.com/).

Like Elio Motors, the company is a startup and held a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign in 2016 to attempt to bring their design to production. Like the Elio, it's anybody's guess as to whether or not it would be on the market by 2018.

One positive inference made by many on this forum was that by simply offering this specific product on the beta Configurator to gauge interest, Elio Motors silently confirmed that their vehicle would come standard with an OBD-II datanetics port.

That would be really nice to have OBD-II. Then a Scangauge would hook up to it.

Top Bottom