• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Coronavirus Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rickb, very creative and fanciful, you must live in a very unique part of the country! Lucky your neighbors avoided all that economic hardship!!

————

I can only attest to what I see here in the DC suburbs and occasionally in DC proper. I ride a bike almost everywhere, most everyday (sans icy conditions), bike commuted (12 miles total) most every workday ‘til retirement. When I’m not riding, I’m walking, I might start my car every three weeks just to run it a little....

I can tell the officious (a few have screamed at me while on my bike to wear a mask, (altho that has never been an ‘edict’)) and overzealous pedestrian a half a mile away. They are zig zagging around people casting evil hexes, and without exaggeration I see literally dozens jumping into moving traffic to ‘avoid’ other pedestrians. I have seen two accidents where only the drivers suffered damages avoiding the paranoids.

Herein lies an economic solution for the MSM to recoup some of their tremendous (self-caused) advertising revenue shortfalls: issue reflective vests with MSM advertisements! CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS and the rest could surely get a good deal on some screen printed Chinese vests and who knows, they still might be able to even inflate the fatality numbers a bit more.
Speaking of creative and fanciful. I didn’t say my friends, family, and neighbors avoided economic hardship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Town’s Main Street businesses closed, employees furloughed, and there is economic hardship throughout my community, but most are united, working together, and supportive of a smart reopening plan so they can stay open and the economy reboots.

No Chinese manufactured products in your home or Chinese drug based prescriptions in your medicine cabinet? Are you actually watching the news channels you list as inflating fatality numbers or making the same false claims about their statements as you made about mine? Frankly, I don’t see the need to wear a mask while riding a bike or driving alone in a car, but I respectfully wear a mask while grocery shopping to help protect essential employees and other customers (some not wearing masks) and the mask was required by my barber to get my long overdue haircut.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’m of the opinion that since Corona virus is also the mechanism of the common cold, and also that even on ‘good years’ our Flu shots are only about 30 percent effective, that getting this new Chinese strain of Corona virus is going to be a ‘right of passage’ or a ‘new norm’ much like Mumps and Measles were.

Sure no one knows if and how long immunity will last: no one knows anything about anything... I didn’t go out of my way courting getting infected, but I did purposely take lots of unnecessary public transportation and even now have only on my second mask! I’m not bragging, but figure it’s best to get it over with and trust my body and my understanding of statistics and put my ‘money where my mouth is’ regarding incorrect and politically tainted raw data.
Wrong! Your body's trusting you to keep it safe and not the other way around. ;)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Human Body’s Ability to Self-Heal. The human body possesses an enormous, astonishing, and persistent capacity to heal itself. Disease generally occurs when we abuse our bodies or deprive them of basic requirements to keep us healthy over extended periods. The Cell and Its Amazing Ability to Renew Itself. The most fundamental unit of the human body is the cell.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Human Body’s Ability to Self-Heal. The human body possesses an enormous, astonishing, and persistent capacity to heal itself. Disease generally occurs when we abuse our bodies or deprive them of basic requirements to keep us healthy over extended periods. The Cell and Its Amazing Ability to Renew Itself. The most fundamental unit of the human body is the cell.
Yes, but what happens to those straight outta brain cells? :)

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is disagreeing with you. Of course wearing a mask is called for when walking amongst the public. I never advocated otherwise. Maybe I didn’t make clear that the overzealous I spoke of were jumping into traffic to avoid each other. But, to be clear, when riding a bike (mostly on roads) it is not prudent, (nor called for in my jurisdictions!). Stores and public transportation, yes, it is mandated altho most public transport workers refuse to ‘enforce’ it.

P.S. added in edit: Today (subject to change, tomorrow!) it appears that there is now, at least temporary immunity, (since we don’t know how long, yet). It appears the people testing positive for a second time after developing antibodies are ‘false positives.’ That number approached 15 percent, of course that means those same tests are administered to first time ‘victims’ as well so that’s just another big error further skewing the numbers opening the door even more to politicizing. The bottom line, tho, now is having had it and developing antibodies is a pretty good place to be. There is really only one good way to inoculated yourself so far, and that is to ‘get it.’ All science, so far, says after 2 weeks you are not contagious.

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is disagreeing with you. Of course wearing a mask is called for when walking amongst the public. I never advocated otherwise. Maybe I didn’t make clear that the overzealous I spoke of were jumping into traffic to avoid each other. But, to be clear, when riding a bike (mostly on roads) it is not prudent, (nor called for in my jurisdictions!). Stores and public transportation, yes, it is mandated altho most public transport workers refuse to ‘enforce’ it.

P.S. added in edit: Today (subject to change, tomorrow!) it appears that there is now, at least temporary immunity, (since we don’t know how long, yet). It appears the people testing positive for a second time after developing antibodies are ‘false positives.’ That number approached 15 percent, of course that means those same tests are administered to first time ‘victims’ as well so that’s just another big error further skewing the numbers opening the door even more to politicizing. The bottom line, tho, now is having had it and developing antibodies is a pretty good place to be. There is really only one good way to inoculated yourself so far, and that is to ‘get it.’ All science, so far, says after 2 weeks you are not contagious.

Unfortunately, the coronavirus is mutating, like virus's always do. They know there are at least two major strains of covid-19, with many minor strains. Immunity from one does not guarantee immunity from the others. So in order to really build up immunity, one must get them all. The health scientists have never said that wearing masks will stop the virus from spreading, only that it will delay the infection rate so that the hospitals are not overwhelmed. So I'm wearing a mask when out in public so that hopefully if I get the virus, better information and possibly medications will become available at that time. There is less risk for those that can delay or avoid the infection.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Indeed, who knows which one ‘strain’ they have, they could have many, one could lessen the burden of the others. Overlap is partly the logic behind the 30 percent flu shot effectiveness. One thing still is clear, one strain or many, you cannot start to build immunity unless you’ve gotten at least one. I’m going out on a limb here, but haven’t been wrong much (knock wood), and I did see an article supporting this: We will never find a vaccine. This is the Corona variety of virus, the common cold shares this mechanism. We will develop defenses that minimize the severity maybe and symptoms likely. Something like Theraflu for the conventional influenza virus. This will be with us forever, but just in little pockets like so many other viruses that we really never really eradicated. I still maintain, multiple strains or not, your best defense is your own body’s natural ability to ward this off.

And yes, the thinking behind the masks is that if ‘60 percent of people wear the mask 60 percent of the time’ we will beat down the spread to were it flattens the curve essentially petering out. This would be great, especially if a worthwhile vaccine cannot be developed. As an aside: consider that gas masks in WW I weren’t issued in the trenches so much to protect the troops as it was to keep them from retreating in fear.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

People are dying from wearing masks while exercising all around the world. Do not wear a mask when riding a bicycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom