• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Coronavirus Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if we will ever know the facts about Covid-19. Some information is being withheld by government and private individuals, either to protect us from the truth or for their own gains. Politicians are always keeping secrets so that they can manipulate the information in their favor. The us-versus-them attitude. Are any of the leaders to be believed? I saw one study that concludes that over half the population has already gotten the virus. I find this highly improbable as the virus would have spread much quicker into rural America. On the other hand, if true, perhaps the Politian's are milking it for all they can get. Will be interesting to see how many politicians have invested in companies working on a cure knowing that the government is about to give them a bunch of money.

Saw where they are wanting to give another $600 to the unemployed but others are wanting them to get back to work instead. I suggest a bonus for those that are working. Maybe that will reduce the unemployment.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, indeedy, we need to incentivize ‘industry’ and ‘discipline’ (both in the classic senses); there are too many untoward efforts to rely on Gubmint ‘largesse.’ That free money ultimately will come out of our grandkids’ wallets.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since most our ‘journalists’ can’t report accurate news, its now even more sad one needs to rely on ‘comedians.’ Even more troubling is when one’s message is hosted by neither journalist or comedian, Ellen DeGeneris. ‘Nuff said.
Wasn’t meant to be funny. Accurate news? Play the vid with your eyes closed and listen to the ‘lip synced’ actual statements being made by the President himself at a daily COVID news conference. I watched that live news conference a couple weeks ago and it was sad and troubling indeed. I don’t listen to the news anchors/journalists opinions of what’s being said, I listen to the words of the person being interviewed during the news reporting from a variety of news sources.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And it's getting out of hand.
You all know, no political comments, this is not the place for it.
Find a different forum if you want to talk politics

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score

According to the article, that WHO recommendation was from March. The CDC recommendation came later from April.

The WHO advice to only wear a mask if you are working around coronavirus patients concerns mask usage to not catch the virus, the CDC recommendation is regarding spreading the virus. Two different scenarios.

So that article is mixing different points from different times just to be inflammatory.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Something interesting, we will be getting a "hazard" bonus added to our hourly wage. It will range from $0.50 to $4.00 hour based on hours worked in previous weeks and also the pay scale. Those that worked every day get more than those that take days off. As I work every normal day, I will get the highest in my pay scale. It supposedly will be temporary. It is effective next week, and will be re-evaluated every week until the Covid-19 no longer presents a hazard. After taxes it will probably add about $85 to my check. State of Ohio also is hoping that June 8th they will open up visitation to assisted care facilities. It's been months since I've seen my mother (I call her every day) so I am looking forward to it.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Something interesting, we will be getting a "hazard" bonus added to our hourly wage. It will range from $0.50 to $4.00 hour based on hours worked in previous weeks and also the pay scale. Those that worked every day get more than those that take days off. As I work every normal day, I will get the highest in my pay scale. It supposedly will be temporary. It is effective next week, and will be re-evaluated every week until the Covid-19 no longer presents a hazard. After taxes it will probably add about $85 to my check. State of Ohio also is hoping that June 8th they will open up visitation to assisted care facilities. It's been months since I've seen my mother (I call her every day) so I am looking forward to it.
Good luck visiting her! Sad for all the people in Retirement and Nursing homes. Here, there are no plans to allow visitors any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom