• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Coronavirus Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’m thinking guns, gun safety, shooting ranges, and marksmanship should be incorporated into the K-12 curriculum as a graduation requirement. I recall taking my hunter’s safety course during my elementary school years and taking my double barrel 410 shotgun to school for show & tell. More guns definitely make me feel safer. The only gun I own today is my Grandpa’s Winchester Model 1912.
9B7029A5-9F41-43D1-B6BB-541D0F4456AC.jpeg

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to alternate news reporting I heard there was new cases reported that went back to the party goers home town. The real story on control will be if there are no new cases or spike as a result of all the shoulder to shoulder protests across the country over the past few days. I take news reporters reporting with a grain of salt, but if I hear medical facts coming out the mouth of a non-partisan, high ranking, health official being interviewed during a news cast and validated by other health officials, I tend to believe what they say.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gentlemen. Imagine and consider this. The same people financed by several governments including the US to radically genetically alter this virus so it could be easily passed from human to human also built in a fail-safe half life in case it ever escaped containment. Even though I don\t think the Chinese government would ever have been completely honest no matter what would have occurred in China, this is submitted for your approval. I have always thought it was twilight zone material that the virus was supposedly contained and "died out" in that short of an amount of time in China regardless of the extreme measures put in place. I'm really starting to think the ongoing numbers, evidence, and common sense, is starting to support this theory. BTW, I don't know where you get your news, but there were several cases traced to that party. But even then, if there was even one contagious person there, why only several cases? Also, keep in mind that the real economic damage on the average Joe's level is still yet to manifest. Hold on and keep your arms and legs inside the ride. It's just starting and won't come to a complete stop for a long time.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Without accurate testing and tracing nobody knows how many cases link to that party. Regardless, common sense says reunite (that appears to be impossible), keep arms and legs inside the ride, and be respectful of others. I only wish the ride out to the quiet secluded picnic lunch spot by the lake today was in a fully enclosed three wheeler. We did a masked COSTCO stop on the way home.

I see crowds of protestors starting to gather in the park across the street for one more night of protests. A few armed guards apparently there to guarantee their right to peacefully protest. I hope it ends peacefully as it did the past 2 nights of protests on main street.

If there is no plan to make it better, we are all screwed.

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
“If there is no plan to make it better, we are all screwed.”

Fully agree!! Other than continue to throw more and more money and resources into it, what would you suggest? Even with many Worldwide examples, self governance doesn’t even work.

I could be wrong but can’t find any examples.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
“If there is no plan to make it better, we are all screwed.”

Fully agree!! Other than continue to throw more and more money and resources into it, what would you suggest? Even with many Worldwide examples, self governance doesn’t even work.

I could be wrong but can’t find any examples.

If we're still discussing Coronavirus, there are many examples of how to "make it work" or not make it work. Sweden is an example of how not to make it work, as they're sacrificing members of their population to try an attain herd immunity. That isn't working out so well. Norway, on the other hand, has done quite well with their stay-at-home orders and social distancing policies. New Zealand seems to have all but eradicated COVID within its borders. Vietnam is another great example how to contain and reduce the spread.

We have the technology to develop treatments and vaccines against COVID, and all we need is time to develop them. What can be done is to institute policies that limit exposure. Unfortunately, these policies aren't effective if large groups of the population believe these steps are an infringement on their rights...or that their ignorance somehow carries the same weight as expert opinion.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If we're still discussing Coronavirus, there are many examples of how to "make it work" or not make it work. Sweden is an example of how not to make it work, as they're sacrificing members of their population to try an attain herd immunity. That isn't working out so well. Norway, on the other hand, has done quite well with their stay-at-home orders and social distancing policies. New Zealand seems to have all but eradicated COVID within its borders. Vietnam is another great example how to contain and reduce the spread.

We have the technology to develop treatments and vaccines against COVID, and all we need is time to develop them. What can be done is to institute policies that limit exposure. Unfortunately, these policies aren't effective if large groups of the population believe these steps are an infringement on their rights...or that their ignorance somehow carries the same weight as expert opinion.
Couldn't agree more. Also in the news "BRAZIL STOPS COUNTING, DEATHS NEAR 400K GLOBALLY!".

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I lived in Recife, (Pernambuco) Brasil for about two years. A friend’s housekeeper took me around the favela she lived. There is no such thing as privacy or separation. I am going out in a limb here, (and there is a study I am familiar with regarding Hispanics of Mexican heritage) that says ‘hand washing is culturally lacking’). I can attest that same cultural shortcoming exists in Brasil, as well. Please don’t get all ‘up in arms’ on my apparent insensitivity to Hispanic/Latino heritage as to the differences between Spanish and Portuguese.... I am pretty well versed in both cultures, histories, and languages: there are huge differences and there are also huge similarities. I would never associate a Brasilian with a ‘North’ (proper) or Central American.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom