• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Coronavirus Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Numbers don’t lie, but where one gets them and how they use them can mislead....speculation and interpretation is what separates the winners from the losers. If you guys think it’s really a 5 to 10 percent fatality rate for CV you need to let the CDC know STAT!! Everyone else is making a big mistake in their sampling and math!

It is my humble opinion that using ‘number of people tested’ (and/or ‘hospitalized cases’) in any equation to determine ‘fatality rate’ is beyond absurd.

Added in edit: (and/or ‘hospitalized cases.’) to address later posting.

Again, non of these numbers take into account the, now millions of people, exposed, asymptomatic, recovered but never under medical care, naturally immune, and quietly recovering from mild symptoms.

Claiming a higher fatality rate for the broad, general population is at best unnecessarily worrisome as it may keep people from going to the hospital (there are sobering statistics on MRSA and other maladies in hospitals).

Also, many died early on with the over use of over pressured respirators. Additionally, these numbers from the hospitals likely are commingling other causes of death, stories of which are rampant and will hopefully be settled and removed when the numbers are revisited after the hysteria.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Numbers don’t lie, but where one gets them and how they use them can mislead...
Exactly. Even more impressive, the US death rate so far is exceptionally high at more than 12.64%. Scroll down this page to "closed cases". It's right there in front of you in black and white. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ BTW, these are very close to the same official numbers that every major source is providing depending on how often they're updated.

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
“ Exactly. Even more impressive, the US death rate so far is exceptionally high at more than 12.64%.“

The US death rate, FOR THOSE Hospitalized, says absolutely nothing about the overall fatality rate. There is no disputing this. It may very well be more of a reflection on the quality of our medical care.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lies. damn lies, and statistics. Who to believe? Perhaps nobody. Take war for example. The winner gets to write the history, showing they were in the right. The losers perspective is usually suppressed. Regardless of the numbers, there is definitely a disease or two going around, worldwide. When in public I wear a mask to protect others from myself. Do I have it? Maybe, maybe not. I have no symptoms, but that may not mean anything. Taking a test may not matter either. Seems like a lot of false tests are out there. Many of the younger people who refuse to wear masks or social distance, may have problems coping later if they find the have/had Covid-19 and will be haunted with the possibility that they may have contributed to someone's sickness or death.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree! Someday they might even say smoking is really good for you! Just kidding, I doubt that will ever happen, but everything really is ‘up side down’ lately! Who knows?!?!

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They may invent a cigarette that releases a chemical that kills viruses. Then it would be good for you. (If only used once a month).

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3wheelin, I agree. There is no point in arguing with a mentality that started and continues to fuel the chaos.

Last edited:

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can see now how Paul and Hari’s numbers and math got so many believers!! :)
Fear and greed. And an inability to do math and understand what numbers mean. You cannot reason a man out of something he was not reasoned into.

It's now come down to virtue-signalling. "I wear a mask to show that I'm more thoughtful, caring, and scientific than you." "You don't wear a mask because you want grandma to die, and you're going to have piles of corpses on your conscience." Whether Chicken Little's acorn, or Dumbo's feather, the lucky rabbit's foot, or hundreds of others, history is replete with stories of fears and the talismans to ward off danger.

The story of Nasrudin comes to mind. He was sprinkling salt all around his house, when a neighbor came up and asked what he was doing. "I'm warding off tigers!" "But there are no tigers within 500 miles of here." "See, it works great!"

It's like playing chess with a pigeon. The pigeon will mess on the board, knock the pieces over with its wings, and loudly proclaim that it won the game.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There will always be people that just can't see sense and will continue to argue to find justifications for their careless actions.
You can’t reason with a man that doesn’t believe in science and medical professionals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom