• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Crash Testing?

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a metal plate and 7 "deck" screws holding my bone grafted left leg together. My test apparently wasn't any more successful than yours.........LOL
I have one plate and a screw in my ankle and 2 plates and 9 screws in my elbow. We are both a mess. Luckily we are still on this side of the dirt! ;)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I have limited ankle movement in both ankles, torn my ACL in one knee and suffered cartilage damage in the other, suffered a neck injury which left two facial nerves paralyzed, suffered several serious concussions, broken all my fingers in my left hand including a serious compound fracture to my ring finger, had my ears sown back onto my head, and sustained numerous other injuries requiring sowing me back together. These were all caused by routine accidents, sports injuries, and military service.

Injuries that I suffered from car accidents have actually been relatively minor whiplash, seat belt rash, and a concussions once.

Having said all that the worst injuries I sustained in 20 years of on and off again motorcycle riding has been some minor road rash after hitting a patch of gravel in a parking lot while trying to avoid someone who backed out without looking.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have limited ankle movement in both ankles, torn my ACL in one knee and suffered cartilage damage in the other, suffered a neck injury which left two facial nerves paralyzed, suffered several serious concussions, broken all my fingers in my left hand including a serious compound fracture to my ring finger, had my ears sown back onto my head, and sustained numerous other injuries requiring sowing me back together. These were all caused by routine accidents, sports injuries, and military service.

Injuries that I suffered from car accidents have actually been relatively minor whiplash, seat belt rash, and a concussions once.

Having said all that the worst injuries I sustained in 20 years of on and off again motorcycle riding has been some minor road rash after hitting a patch of gravel in a parking lot while trying to avoid someone who backed out without looking.

Damn! lol. You win ( or lose, depending on how you look at it). Be more careful!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Damn! lol. You win ( or lose, depending on how you look at it). Be more careful!
Funny thing is that having said all that I actually consider myself to be in pretty good shape overall as very few of those injuries have an effect on my daily life and I try to keep myself in pretty good shape by working out several days a week.

Top Bottom