• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Crash Testing?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My attempt at humor has failed.

Now that's funny! :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwWamOdkKGVLb9LCJIOYED9FDfzdu7wUXow4m1DGk9cXa0fo8mNg.jpg

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny thing is that having said all that I actually consider myself to be in pretty good shape overall as very few of those injuries have an effect on my daily life and I try to keep myself in pretty good shape by working out several days a week.
You look great but give yourself a few more years and you will wonder what is happening to your body! :rolleyes: :) Z

Drewski

Reaction score
I looked at the P4 construction photos and I do not see any side impact protection built onto the frame on the right side. I also don't see any built into the door. Anyone have any further input into this?

I do have a comment....forget the crash testing...that will just make the car more expensive...leave it as a motorcycle where there are no crash requirements...keep the price low...just make one with a bit more horse power (wow factor), maybe 10 less mpg or even 20...id still be happy...
get the cars made!!!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do have a comment....forget the crash testing...that will just make the car more expensive...leave it as a motorcycle where there are no crash requirements...keep the price low...just make one with a bit more horse power (wow factor), maybe 10 less mpg or even 20...id still be happy...
get the cars made!!!
Hmmmm I usually provide a friendly greeting to new members but. . . . . You are suggesting everything that is important to people like me isn't worth bothering with simply because you want more power. The crash testing has been in the plans for at least a couple of years so is already part of the price. It is a motorcycle according to the Federal Government simply because it only has 3 wheels. The testing is being done so people like me will be interested in buying an Elio. There is more than enough horse power for what Paul Elio wants to accomplish and the mpg is vital for helping reduce our dependence on foreign oil. And you want them to produce the vehicle while it is still in development phase. Hmmmmm Somehow I think you took a wrong turn and found the wrong forum for your interests. However, I will welcome you anyway and highly suggest you do a lot of reading and learn why the Elio is and will be the vehicle Paul Elio wants it to be and why that is so important to most of us on this forum. Enjoy your research. It should be very enlightening. Now having said all the I will admit I am totally biased and my opinion is never and has never been the least bit humble. :-) Z

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
get the cars made!!!
Welcome! Crash testing the Elio MC.......to verify the anticipated 5 star safety rating doesn't increase the cost.......just wastes an Elio. Slow down.........100+ mph is fast enough........I'm old and already wowed by $6800. If you have the need for speed there will be all sorts of aftermarket options.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
get the cars made!!!
Drewski, welcome to the forum and you have a lot to learn about the Elio and why it is being designed to meet certain criterion including the 5-star crash rating. It is not being designed to be a high performance vehicle but a economic safe commuter vehicle. It will also allow many who have been forced to buy used vehicles to buy a new one with plenty of features for the first times in their lives. By using the forum search function you can quickly learn all about it. We welcome you and hope you will enjoy the forum, learn about the Elio and that you will post your comments, questions, and opinions.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Crash testing is very important for the image of the car and the company. If you look at Facebook comments or even person comments when I talk to people about them, inevitably one of the first things that is said about the Elio is that it's dangerously small, it's a death trap, its a coffin on wheels, etc. getting a good crash test rating as they have projected and simulated would go a long way to get potential new customers.

Top Bottom