• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

sampolska

Reaction score
Hi,

This is SAM.
The SAMs already made more than 15 mln. km. (9.4 mln.miles).
Germany, Switzerland, Poland, France etc.
Want to know more?
contact@friends-of-sam.com
www. friends-of-sam.com
DARK-GREEN-SAM.jpg
DARK-GREEN-SAM1.jpg
EVEHICLES-ONLY-SAM.jpg
INSIDE-SAM.jpg
sam-gb1.jpg
sam-gb2.jpg
SAMS.jpg
SILVER-SAM.jpg

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Found an American site offering to sell the "Sam"
http://sam-of-usa.com/
Might be a fun vehicle stricktly on erban streets. I don't see any safety rating either. Beats the heck out of a motor scooter. But in no way is it an Elio.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi,

This is SAM.
The SAMs already made more than 15 mln. km. (9.4 mln.miles).
Germany, Switzerland, Poland, France etc.
Want to know more?
contact@friends-of-sam.com
www. friends-of-sam.com
View attachment 11301 View attachment 11302 View attachment 11303 View attachment 11304 View attachment 11305 View attachment 11306 View attachment 11307 View attachment 11308
SAM, Welcome! This looks like one fun ride that provides a three wheeler city commuter option that is in production. Go three wheels! Thanks for posting. I plan to check on the opportunity for a test drive/ride. I've been waiting for the opportunity to test drive an Elio for over 8 years.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Indeed, welcome! We have discussed the Sam on this site before. I love the door and think it looks pretty cool in a single color. I would probably dremel out the hockey mask front and put in mesh, though. If I lived and commuted in the city or lived in a small town without the need to commute, it looks like a fun option.

Personally it would not work for me as a commuter though since skipping the highway would turn a 45 minute commute into over an hour each way. So an extra 30+ minutes per day of stoplights and bumpers. And at $14,350 US (for the larger battery) that puts it in Electro Meccanica Solo range, which is freeway capable.

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Found an American site offering to sell the "Sam"
http://sam-of-usa.com/
Might be a fun vehicle stricktly on erban streets. I don't see any safety rating either. Beats the heck out of a motor scooter. But in no way is it an Elio.
Neat little EV but pretty pricey, for the performance (top speed 53 mph)... With the 60 mile range battery pack you're probably looking at close to $14000 (taxes, t's, delivery) or more depending on the State you live in... No options were listed on the site, but I can tell you if it doesn't have AC it will be a non-starter here in south Texas in the summer... In Switzerland where its built AC probably isn't needed... On the positive side being a three wheeler it will qualify as a motorcycle and bypass the mandatory automotive stuff... I'm thinking I'll wait for my Elio!

h_r:cool:

Top Bottom