• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The doors are interesting. Side view looks nice. That freaky, skull-inspired front end is horrible. The two-color versions look like you needed to get a new part from a junkyard, and couldn't afford to get it repainted. Makes it look cheap, which is inexcusable for such an expensive vehicle. Range/speed make it an inner-city errand-runner. Even when I lived <15 minutes from work, I still had to travel roads where the speed limits were 45-55 mph. A top speed of 53 is just unworkable. The inside views make it look like this things is one giant chunk of injection molded plastic. How strong is this thing? How about some crash testing results? These pictures don't inspire confidence in it's safety.

Eliodude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious little vehicle, but I have no idea who the target market is?

On thing is certain, absolutely no viability for the US market.

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok so I guess I'll chime in here. Didn't want to be to negative but it is curious looking. Don't think it would work for me either as i drive a short distance in the freeway to work. That said, it might be a fun little errand runner. Although the price point puts it out of consideration for me. I'll wait fir my Elio which I can use everywhere I need to go! Put a rack in the back and use it at the golf course!!

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A Google Now card brought the Cree SAM to my attention. It isn't my cup of tea but it is a three wheel vehicle that is cheap and is expected to be brought to the U.S. shortly.

Their website: http://www.cree.ch/

View attachment 20324

And check out this video of trying to drive it in the snow (remember this is a swiss company):

If anything looked like a big BUG viewing it from the front, this does. LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom