• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That was on level ground, it wouldn't make it 2 blocks around here. It would be park it, and come back in the spring to get it.
Or get a trailer and go pick it up to get it home.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but you know how to call them. "that front view is ugly enough to make a freight train take a dirt road"
Never heard that before, but it is quite fitting. ;) :thumb:
I know tooling is expensive, even roto-tooling that the cree uses(I think). (little cheaper than injection molds, but more than fiberglass or vacu-forming) but you would think they'd have tried just a little harder around that grill. Sounds like an after market fix is a possible market.
I could easily see a fiberglass frame inserted where you cut right through the gill area. Or just a replacement for that whole hood in fiberglass.
1200px-Cree_SAM.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that thing looks horrible in the snow. Sure, it's kind of fun to sling around a powered rear wheel but it is WAY less fun to sit and spin.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No worries. Just make sure you wear your boots. It's so light you can jump out with it still in drive and push it out of a drift.
As demonstrated in the video. Unfortunately you'd end up doing that every 100 yards or so until you got to your destination.
Just make sure your route is all on level ground or downhill.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, you don't live in a hilly area.
That sounds good, but in reality, you be better off walking home, get the trailer (or truck) go back and pick it up.
Or leave it, no one would drive off in it.

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jumping in at the end but a few years ago I was a solid NO on the Sam. I'm starting to warm up to it. It charges with 120v which isn't a huge deal but does mean it can be plugged in anywhere. It's also more complete than the track day cars and could be used.

I still want an Elio or in a total dream world a hybrid Elio.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love how they show the rear 3/4 shot and avoid that uuuuuugly face :D

Do we know if there is an onboard fan? If the only ventilation is the left side quarter window then it would get pretty hot in the summer. I can imagine when it breaks 100 in the southern US that it would be pretty uncomfortable in there. At least the Arcimoto has plenty of ventilation and the Solo has HVAC.

The MAX speed of 55 MPH is a deal killer for me, but the sluggish performance does not help either. 0-30 in 7 seconds is slooooooow. And no 0-60 since, well, it can never get there. But if intended to be a city car only that would be okay.

The base price on the website says $9,995 with a 60 mile range (vs. the pricing previously with no battery at all) with a 100 mile option. I wonder how much the markup is for the bigger battery? Seems like if you do not need the second seat that the $15k Solo would be a much better 100 mile range option since it has more features and performance.

Top Bottom