• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Sam at a drivethrough...

46432667_2022537624492705_4881451823367454720_o.jpg

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm really sorry, but the SAM is the ugliest, scariest, flimsiest piece of crap since the Yugo. Why do we continue to import vehicles of such inferior quality and appearance. If you watch videos of SAM being driven, the road noise drowns out the radio. The fit and finish of the interior are the absolute worst. Check out the fold down plastic windows. Bring back Fred Flintstone's ride...at least it was solid! I would take any other 3 wheeler over "The Thing". Guaranteed, SAM is going nowhere because no one will want it. On the other hand Arcimoto, EM, ELIO, Sondors, Vanderhall, Morgan etc... will all have a place at the 3 wheeled table...guaranteed!
it sure can use some refinement that's for sure but none the less they made it and somebody's got mucho money to pay and shipped here, what'd you gotta do? Lol. Or maybe you just watched too many Friday the 13th movies! What powers it anyways???

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can see pictures online showing a passenger. Not sure how much room is back there, but it does have a second s
SamCreeSchwarz.jpg

I have not been keeping up with Joeker88's videos, but you can see the interior and back seat in this video he posted recently:

Now this side shot does not look too bad is it???

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can see pictures online showing a passenger. Not sure how much room is back there, but it does have a second seat:

SamCreeSchwarz.jpg

I have not been keeping up with Joeker88's videos, but you can see the interior and back sin this video he posted recently:

This is a VERY old picture of the flat black SAM.
The door/window configuration was upgraded years ago.
Watch the video at 0:29 to see the current folding gull wing configuration.
You can see in the drive-through picture that the little window folds inward and down.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The "bump" on the hood is hiding the motor for the windshield wiper.

There is just one thought that keeps hitting me every time I look at the Sam
Dam that thing is ugly

Agree! That and the piss poor traction from a single lightly weighted rear wheel. ugh... and in case I didn't make it clear earlier, that front view is ugly enough to make a freight train take a dirt road.

(Yes, I know beauty is subjective. I also know I'm allowed my opinion.) :)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree! That and the piss poor traction from a single lightly weighted rear wheel. ugh... and in case I didn't make it clear earlier, that front view is ugly enough to make a freight train take a dirt road.

Yes, but you know how to call them. "that front view is ugly enough to make a freight train take a dirt road"

Never heard that before, but it is quite fitting. ;) :thumb:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

And Storm Sondors still can't figure out if he wants a front or rear wheel drive vehicle.
Elio Amazed drops mic, shakes head and walks away.

Last edited:
Top Bottom