• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Crowdfunding Just Got More Exciting With Sec Regulation A+: Elio Motors

Jelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I look at it this way, I did less than 10%, if Elio is successful so am I right. AND AND, eventually I will earn enough that my Elio will be free! Plus plus plus time = money more time more money. :):cool:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Good find. I don't like how they keep saying that Elio hasn't made a prototype that works yet. That is kind of the very nature of a prototype - but, at least the article is mostly right. It'll be nice when there is some movement by Elio... Even if they have to build just a few vehicles at first with a skeleton crew at Shreveport and thus have to ramp up production more slowly than they first predicted.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good find. I don't like how they keep saying that Elio hasn't made a prototype that works yet. That is kind of the very nature of a prototype - but, at least the article is mostly right. It'll be nice when there is some movement by Elio... Even if they have to build just a few vehicles at first with a skeleton crew at Shreveport and thus have to ramp up production more slowly than they first predicted.
Agreed, any production movement would be greeted by cheers at this point.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, any production movement would be greeted by cheers at this point.
I was wondering how much of the "We need $300M+ to get to production" is related to parts needed vs. how much of it is in stuff like engineering, mold building, etc. that can't be avoided right now. Let's say Elio needed their initial order of parts which would cost them $200M and the rest would be spent on engineering et al. I wonder if there'd be a way that suppliers could be persuaded to go out on a limb and supply, say, 1,000 sets of parts to get things rolling. Using the income from those to pay for those parts and the profits to pay for the next 1,000.... on and on. I know it's not really feasible but I was just wondering how much of Elio's needs were in things that can't be sold vs. how much of it would be in something that becomes an asset.

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering how much of the "We need $300M+ to get to production" is related to parts needed vs. how much of it is in stuff like engineering, mold building, etc. that can't be avoided right now. Let's say Elio needed their initial order of parts which would cost them $200M and the rest would be spent on engineering et al. I wonder if there'd be a way that suppliers could be persuaded to go out on a limb and supply, say, 1,000 sets of parts to get things rolling. Using the income from those to pay for those parts and the profits to pay for the next 1,000.... on and on. I know it's not really feasible but I was just wondering how much of Elio's needs were in things that can't be sold vs. how much of it would be in something that becomes an asset.

Problem is, there will be little or no 'income' from the first 1000, or even 10,000 Elios. With the $1000 already paid (and spent), the 50% rebate, plus the additional Rebate announced a couple of years ago, coupled with the inefficiencies of a production line start up, I'd guess they'll loose money on the first 1000. Probably a lot longer than that, even.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Problem is, there will be little or no 'income' from the first 1000, or even 10,000 Elios. With the $1000 already paid (and spent), the 50% rebate, plus the additional Rebate announced a couple of years ago, coupled with the inefficiencies of a production line start up, I'd guess they'll loose money on the first 1000. Probably a lot longer than that, even.
Oops. You are correct, sir. I forgot that Elio basically is foregoing profit on a lot of the matching reservations. Well, not quite, but close enough. If Elio is correct when they stated that they had $1,000 profit in every vehicle, then my $1,000 plus $500 plus $250 cuts the profit down to a mere $250. But, I've also locked in the price of $7,000 which means that if Elio is counting on a sales price of $7,450 in order to realize a $1,000 profit, they'll be out another $450 on mine... that means they'll actually lose $200 on mine when they sell it to me.

Not all the $1,000 All-in people locked in the price and there are quite a few people who didn't get a matching $500... There will be some profit in the first Elios but not much. Still, once they start coming off the line, suppliers will see that Elio would be good for a line of credit and that could help with the money stuff in the beginning.

Top Bottom