• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Crowdfunding Just Got More Exciting With Sec Regulation A+: Elio Motors

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember: That doesn't count options, either. There is profit to be made on options.

If they could get vehicles rolling off the assembly line, then they will be generating a cash flow. That is super important. It doesn't all have to be profit to keep things moving. Selling vehicles is important. Name recognition, positive news stories, and eyeballs seeing these things driving down the road will generate interest and sales, and potentially investors as well.

It's amazing how much money people are willing to throw away on stupid, worthless crap like the Juicero, but won't send a few bucks toward something as potentially lucrative, and needed, as the Elio... :confused:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's amazing how much money people are willing to throw away on stupid, worthless crap like the Juicero, but won't send a few bucks toward something as potentially lucrative, and needed, as the Elio... :confused:

65,000 + people have thrown money at the Elio by sending a few bucks to Elio Motors. Give them some credit for supporting your cause. Also, the successful Reg A+ funding round.
A marketing strategy idea for Chip Stempeck: a free juicero with every new $1K all in Elio reservation. :)

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't realize the engine was done, is this true? Maybe I slept thru that.... I thought there were two, as yet undecided, options; one was a new engine design that was tested years back on a dyno but not made very public (just a brief almost bootlegged quality video surfaced) and one was an off the shelf engine? Where there any MPG or power numbers ever put out? I always though this might have been the weak link for the ATVM loan?

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't realize the engine was done, is this true? Maybe I slept thru that.... I thought there were two, as yet undecided, options; one was a new engine design that was tested years back on a dyno but not made very public (just a brief almost bootlegged quality video surfaced) and one was an off the shelf engine? Where there any MPG or power numbers ever put out? I always though this might have been the weak link for the ATVM loan?
Elio Motors put a lot of money into this honey. Elio's proprietary engine has been done for 2 years.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or,,, do like the motorcycle people do, Instead of a cash discount, the bonus money could be spent on our choice of options. Like if you have $500.00 in bonus money, and the Automatic trans is $500.00, you could get a free automatic trans.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oops. You are correct, sir. I forgot that Elio basically is foregoing profit on a lot of the matching reservations. Well, not quite, but close enough. If Elio is correct when they stated that they had $1,000 profit in every vehicle, then my $1,000 plus $500 plus $250 cuts the profit down to a mere $250. But, I've also locked in the price of $7,000 which means that if Elio is counting on a sales price of $7,450 in order to realize a $1,000 profit, they'll be out another $450 on mine... that means they'll actually lose $200 on mine when they sell it to me.

Not all the $1,000 All-in people locked in the price and there are quite a few people who didn't get a matching $500... There will be some profit in the first Elios but not much. Still, once they start coming off the line, suppliers will see that Elio would be good for a line of credit and that could help with the money stuff in the beginning.

If there is no ATVM & no domestic billionaire to the rescue (I don't see Stu doing it all by himself) the fall back position has always been China. That means relinquishing control to a large degree but saves the IP value & the alternative engine uses. The Elio can still be made in Shreveport & the suppliers will still be in for the initial launch. Global distribution will be moved forward in the timeline & an IPO on the China stock exchange is foreseeable. What will happen to the reservationists is uncertain but maintaining good will in these types of things is always important. I'm ever the optimist I still believe Paul & his backers are doing everything reasonable to move the project forward & that we will ultimately get our Elios though they may be called Xielios by then.......

Last edited:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All 65,000 reservationists just need to sign and send to Elio Motors a complete waiver and release of liability so EM can just proceed with handbuilding the first batches of the vehicles without having to worry about crash testing, vehicle warranties, etc. How bad do we want this?

Top Bottom