• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Dastardly Destructive And Down Right Hateful

Reaction score
Less than 20 people cheated on the Red vs White contest by 15 thousand votes. All sugar coated in light heart humor. Yea right. They did this in a silly color contest I am sure they did the same with the stock pledges. This was an act of violent sabotage against something I believe WE need. Somebody did the research on these votes, these people and their computers and can get the IP numbers of them. I am so disappointed. Go Elio !!!

zarquon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I replied to Paul's Reddit comment that he didn't want white to win with what I so humbly considered a magnificent idea. If white wins, have at the ready Elio branded colored lens sunglasses. You can perceive the car's color as you wish. Brilliant! I surprised even myself with this one!

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if there was cheating going on or not. Bit voting online for anything is asking for fraud.

Reaction score
snip >
"So, we held our word and went through every vote that was processed and made sure that each person was allowed only one. Let’s just say that there are a couple people out there that seem to have a lot of time on their hands, a lot of time meaning over 15,000 votes. Yes, that is 15 t-h-o-u-s-a-n-d votes. We hope that they actually did something that involved a computer program as opposed to one after another… love the passion and the time commitment at the very least. There were also people that had made over 1,500 (three) and a half a dozen over 500. Oh, and just so everyone knows, both sides, Marshmallow and Red Hot, were represented in the multi-voting, but the Marshmallow folks did WAY more creative voting.

The winner for the P5 color poll – Red Hot!"

But, it was all in fun. I don't tink so.

Reactions: Ekh

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
snip >
"So, we held our word and went through every vote that was processed and made sure that each person was allowed only one. Let’s just say that there are a couple people out there that seem to have a lot of time on their hands, a lot of time meaning over 15,000 votes. Yes, that is 15 t-h-o-u-s-a-n-d votes. We hope that they actually did something that involved a computer program as opposed to one after another… love the passion and the time commitment at the very least. There were also people that had made over 1,500 (three) and a half a dozen over 500. Oh, and just so everyone knows, both sides, Marshmallow and Red Hot, were represented in the multi-voting, but the Marshmallow folks did WAY more creative voting.

The winner for the P5 color poll – Red Hot!"

But, it was all in fun. I don't tink so.
Hey, Lilly May, I don't think it was all in fun either -- and I suspect EM thinks it sucks, too. What it does suggest is that they need to strengthen their web security AND need to take things like their "expression of interest" in the A+ crowd funding campaign with some doubt ... and is probably why the had the progress bar removed. It's a depressing and frightening thought that there are people out there so in love with their own power as hackers that they risk destroying something of enormous potential value to the nation. There are times I'm glad I'm getting on in years, because I do not like where the "me-llennials" are going.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
yep, I figured something was up. in the first round, it was close and I had a hard time believing that everyone that voted for blue and black changed to white in the second round, plus some red voters flipping. They weren't even good cheaters, at least make it look close. lol They made it look so out of kilter that it was obvious. over 80% white votes? LOL

Top Bottom