• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Decided Against Elio

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In a sense I gave up at the first of this year when I bought a 2014 PriusC. That is I didn't holdup my purchase requirement to fill it with an Elio.

But, when the Elio does come out I still will save some gas money paying for part of the Elio. But I also have 2 adult child drivers I provide cars to. No mater what they drive an Elio will help me. Plus I'll have one more teen driver in just a couple years, then another then another. I can't afford not to get as many Elio's as I can afford.

You know every few years we need to rotate or replace cars. Some of those who can not wait this year, well the Elio may well make sense for you again, it's just a matter of time.

As for your all-in deposits, keep it on hand. You may find out it's marketable, maybe just sell it on Ebay if you are willing to shepherd the ownership information at order time. You could claim it was a gift all along. EM did market the idea of gifting a reservation, and they can hardly deny that scenario when claimed.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I'm considering getting another Cadillac Deville, this used one is a 2001 but only has 38,700 miles. It's very interesting how much an older vehicle can bring when it has such low miles. Seller is asking $7500, it blue books for $3100. Further research really surprised me, that 7500 number really is right at a "fair market value". I'll probably offer less than $5500, and they'll probably say no thanks for now.

And, as obvious as it sounds, I do wish I knew if the Elio is a fer-sher or not. It would help in my decision to offer more for this Caddy. :brick: To be clear, if I do buy this 2001 Deville, I'm not giving up on the Elio, though I will have dependable car transportation now.

But hey, what fun would life be if we knew the future.

PipSquack

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm considering getting another Cadillac Deville, this used one is a 2001 but only has 38,700 miles. It's very interesting how much an older vehicle can bring when it has such low miles. Seller is asking $7500, it blue books for $3100. Further research really surprised me, that 7500 number really is right at a "fair market value". I'll probably offer less than $5500, and they'll probably say no thanks for now.

And, as obvious as it sounds, I do wish I knew if the Elio is a fer-sher or not. It would help in my decision to offer more for this Caddy. :brick: To be clear, if I do buy this 2001 Deville, I'm not giving up on the Elio, though I will have dependable car transportation now.

But hey, what fun would life be if we knew the future.

I hear you. I have an elderly friend who can no longer drive selling his '96 Deville sedan with 33k miles for $5750. I'll start driving 120+ hw miles per day starting next week so it is rather tempting.

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hear you. I have an elderly friend who can no longer drive selling his '96 Deville sedan with 33k miles for $5750. I'll start driving 120+ hw miles per day starting next week so it is rather tempting.
My son bought a low mileage '98 Deville Concours @ 5 years ago for $2800. Knowing the problem with the head bolts corroding and pulling out of the block, we had head studs installed and the engine re-sealed. There have been countless electrical problems since, but he is very happy with it. There is a 1994 sitting here now with 17,600 miles on it, been for sale for at least 8 months. Always dealer serviced and garage kept. May take another 8 months for the asking price to match the market. My cousin turned down $3500 for his dad's 1996 Eldorado, waiting another year and then took $3000.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Rick. Was a forum lurker for a couple months but joined up once I sat in the P4 and going $1k All-In. Just waiting for my spot in line number and my call from StartEngine.
Congrats on the number! You will be taking delivery of your Elio long before me and I've been following the Elio since '08. It should be a FUNctional ride with emphasis on FUN.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Rick. Was a forum lurker for a couple months but joined up once I sat in the P4 and going $1k All-In. Just waiting for my spot in line number and my call from StartEngine.
Welcome into the light Pip! Now that your "All in" make yourself at home! We're a friendly bunch (most of the time) but feathers can and will be ruffled. Don't take it personally, some of us older people just get cranky sometimes.;)

Top Bottom