• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Delaying Car Purchase?

dancescientist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Any of you delaying a car purchase waiting for the Elio? I had my heart set that the Elio would be my next car. Fortunately, my current car still works, but I'd like to get a new car at some point. It's been one year since I placed my reservation for the Elio, and the outlook is looking only dimmer.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any of you delaying a car purchase waiting for the Elio? I had my heart set that the Elio would be my next car. Fortunately, my current car still works, but I'd like to get a new car at some point. It's been one year since I placed my reservation for the Elio, and the outlook is looking only dimmer.
Like many others I made my initial reservation in 2013

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not delaying anything. Purchased a new car at the end of the year it was time. Plan on a new bike in August . The ELIO is not even a 50/50 bet right now ,not basing any plans on it.

Indiana Dave

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

So far I have passed up on a better truck and was thinking about a yamaha sr400 but will put that on hold also..
I have been looking at the Elio for about 1 year.. I couldn't imagine what it's like to be on the waiting list for 2,3 or 4 years as some of the people have. I'm still pro Elio and hope the DOE ATVM loan comes through.

Richad

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I was waiting but I drive 40,000 a year. I have 46,000 on my 2014 and when I get to 80,000 I will purchase another vehicle and if the elio comes through I will get that too.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was waiting but I drive 40,000 a year. I have 46,000 on my 2014 and when I get to 80,000 I will purchase another vehicle and if the elio comes through I will get that too.

we have 5 vehicles and none of them have less than 80,000 miles .... we usually run them well over 200,000 miles .... I can't help but wonder if an Elio will last that long and we have every intention of finding out

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Richard and I have a symbiotic relationship. I always "buy" my new (to me) cars from guys like him, except I rarely buy anything with only 80K miles. ;) My wife drives the "low mile" Blazer with 226K. I drive the Geo tracker with 288K. :) With the help of youtube I am a pretty good mechanic.:confused:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
back when I was a teenager (yep, many years ago) if a car had 80,000 miles on it, that was exceptional .... usually the motor would be gone but the body would be in great shape .... now days, if you go to a used car lot, the vast majority of their vehicles will have well over 100,000 miles on them

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The ELIO is not even a 50/50 bet right now
It would be interesting to see what Lines the books would put on the ELIO making it to production in 5 years. One popular book has lines for competitive eating, what party will win the presidential election, and if there will be a powerball hit. So this isn't super far fetched.

ajetmech

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I plan on getting one as an 'and' car, but my stepson wants to replace his car with the Elio. Only problem is trying to keep his current car (175,000 mile clunker) alive until the Elio comes out next year, the motor and manual transmission are doing fine, it all the other things that need constant fixing. If it the Elio gets delayed past fall of 2016, he'll probably have to go a different route.

Top Bottom