• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Delays? Really.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Note to myself (again)
Do not engage in we/they it will/it won't.
It tends to cast bad karma.
Most important-
I want yellow as a color option!
my note will be good until the next "event"
thanks for focusing your right it does us all no benefit
BTY I had been 100% believer, dropped to about 70% with last month's funding issue. now down to 40% with the rational for the engine delay.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I don't have the money to buy the Elio till about the end of next year when my townhouse is paid for. So the delays sort of works out. I am a little concerned however, that with the delays it may not actually happen. Where I really do plan to buy it. Should really be a fun ride to say the least. I just hope I can get my bicycle in/on it.

I do think that they should give more softer production dates. Like on schedule to go into production on so so, yet may not be able too due to ... and ...

Hard dates when its uncertain to happen makes anyone look bad.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I don't have the money to buy the Elio till about the end of next year when my townhouse is paid for. So the delays sort of works out. I am a little concerned however, that with the delays it may not actually happen. Where I really do plan to buy it. Should really be a fun ride to say the least. I just hope I can get my bicycle in/on it.

I do think that they should give more softer production dates. Like on schedule to go into production on so so, yet may not be able too due to ... and ...

Hard dates when its uncertain to happen makes anyone look bad.
I too think putting out dates and not meeting them is a lot worse than being non-specific, hope the timing works for you, send pic when you figure out where to put the bike- Along the passenger door side?

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I too think putting out dates and not meeting them is a lot worse than being non-specific, hope the timing works for you, send pic when you figure out where to put the bike- Along the passenger door side?
You can get quick releases to easily take the front wheel off. With the front wheel off, I'm wondering If I just couldn't put it the back seat? I should measure the bike and look at the specs that are available.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can get quick releases to easily take the front wheel off. With the front wheel off, I'm wondering If I just couldn't put it the back seat? I should measure the bike and look at the specs that are available.
I don't think a bike would fit in the trunk unless it is a fully collapsible frame. See the attached video.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
never happen when you see the space and see the dimensions, the frame alone doesn't fit

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just saw where they (elio) is delaying the production until next year (2016)? I always thought it was going to be released in 2015. I am glad I didn't send any $$ to order one now. I haven't even seen one up close yet and I live 45 miles from the plant!
Welcome.1.png
Welcome Randall Keener! I am from Peach State and I hope you will enjoy this site as much I did.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
never happen when you see the space and see the dimensions, the frame alone doesn't fit

With the seat down, the trunk measures 14″ wide and 27″ long and about 10″ high.

I did some measuring on my bike and I do concur it shouldn't fit. Tires alone are 26 inches. Well, perhaps time Elio comes out I'll be too old to ride it on the bike trail. LOL

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just saw where they (elio) is delaying the production until next year (2016)? I always thought it was going to be released in 2015. I am glad I didn't send any $$ to order one now. I haven't even seen one up close yet and I live 45 miles from the plant!
Good for you.

Top Bottom