• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Deltawing Technologies

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whatever the knees to nuts opinions are regarding the styling of the concepts initial rendering, which would evolve through prototype builds, Delta Wing is a company that has the vision and resources to design a comfortable, fast, and efficient commuter EV for the masses if it is in fact their mission. Funding and connections to the race car/auto manufacturing industry to get it done would not be an issue for this company.

Delta Wing's commuter car involvement would compare to Tesla Motor's suddenly getting into the game of designing and building an affordable three wheel commuter EV for the masses. Obviously, not $6800, but under $15K for a commuter class EV is comparable in value for those drivers interested in EVs. I'm predicting that there may be some strong competition on the horizon for Elio Motors.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
looks cool, can't see how they get to the price-point with electric, nor the weight to be moved along.
the driver might just be an above the knees amputee
The Delta Wing Concept looks a little like an enclosed stretch limo version of your avatar vehicle. LOL

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
looks cool, can't see how they get to the price-point with electric, nor the weight to be moved along.
the driver might just be an above the knees amputee
Most of us were and may still be thinking the same about how Elio is able to achieve it's low price point. I would assume in-hub motors on a light weight three wheel electric would push it along just fine. Mass production could be the key to making it an affordable EV.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Toyota Prius Battery replacement $3,939 plus labor - minus $1,350 "core credit" - Let's call it $3000

EV = Not for me
I think, if you don't bother replacing them, i'll run-on without the great milage. Thought I saw some postings (insights) about this very issue.
might ease the pain to know toyota covers them for quite a few years (think 10), but I know my Insight is 8.
There are companies selling the swap for much less., You're still correct. Never saw the math RE: replacement cost vs gas saved over the 8-10 years.
In reality, these will soon be dinosaurs as tesla (and probably others ,working to produce great things) will break thru distance and price

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think, if you don't bother replacing them, i'll run-on without the great milage. Thought I saw some postings (insights) about this very issue.
might ease the pain to know toyota covers them for quite a few years (think 10), but I know my Insight is 8.
There are companies selling the swap for much less., You're still correct. Never saw the math RE: replacement cost vs gas saved over the 8-10 years.
In reality, these will soon be dinosaurs as tesla (and probably others ,working to produce great things) will break thru distance and price
I understand that the BMW i3 design allows for the replacement of individual cells rather than the entire battery pack at a major cost savings down the road.
A news article in our local paper mentiond that Tesla just completed one of their many super charging stations in our city that provides for an 80% charge in about 30 minutes...........free of charge. Can't beat the price.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you know the Prius has a standard 12 Volt battery in addition to that big, expensive pack and that if said 12 Volt battery goes dead, the stupid car won't move? My daughter's Prius... we had to jump it to get it to move so I could drive it to the dealer to check out. I knew the battery was bad and wanted to make sure I got one that wouldn't out-gas some kind of crazytoxinvsince the battery is located in the people compartment.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you know the Prius has a standard 12 Volt battery in addition to that big, expensive pack and that if said 12 Volt battery goes dead, the stupid car won't move? My daughter's Prius... we had to jump it to get it to move so I could drive it to the dealer to check out. I knew the battery was bad and wanted to make sure I got one that wouldn't out-gas some kind of crazytoxinvsince the battery is located in the people compartment.
same set-up on my insight, caught it before it went dead, but yes your right about that, actually, and I don't understand it, my milage went up?!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Delta Wing Three Wheeler EV Concept is apparently going to be powered by the same EV drive system as the Lightening Electric Motorcycle which seems very appropriate. Specs for the smallest 12 kwh battery below. The more research I do the better it looks @ $12-15K.

image.jpg

Top Bottom