• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Devon Thorpe Interview With Paul Elio

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
well time again to shut it down
the following is non-political fotflmfao

-nine, nine nine lol
Oh no, not again...

oh_no__not_again____by_bentham42-d6ersq5.png

political commentary edited out of the quote in this post

Last edited by a moderator:

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the concerns about dealers/Assoc monopoly has been well addressed by Tesla, in each "fight" that I know of he's prevailed- here in S florida they have a "store" in the mall!!
You do raise a strong concern for M.C. companies, as the boomers get in line for their medicare, the numbers of "older" riders keeps going up, for me after 50yrs of bikes, I so look forward to a.c., automatic (bad knees), and not getting wet!!

With all due respect, I can't imagine anybody in the industry fears Tesla - niche cars, at best, expensive toys really. Now, when Elio sells 250k vehicles per year, that will be a definite threat to Dealers and the franchise model as the automakers themselves put pressure on legislators to be able to trim the fat to compete.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With all due respect, I can't imagine anybody in the industry fears Tesla - niche cars, at best, expensive toys really. Now, when Elio sells 250k vehicles per year, that will be a definite threat to Dealers and the franchise model as the automakers themselves put pressure on legislators to be able to trim the fat to compete.
They (Tesla) did get some push-back from a few states, not sure it was fear per-se, or maybe concern dealers would loose some control over their own affairs.

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They (Tesla) did get some push-back from a few states, not sure it was fear per-se, or maybe concern dealers would loose some control over their own affairs.
Let's face it, the vast majority of people absolutely hate buying a car because they do not trust the process or the people involved, i.e., The Dealership and Car Salesmen. In a recent Gallup poll, Car Salesmen only ranked behind Congress as the least trusted profession in America - members of Congress, fergodssake! Dealerships only exist through legislative mandate, promoted by huge amounts of money spent lobbying.

I suspect that no one would shed a tear if Dealerships lost this monopoly and disappeared as the result of robust competition driven by an alternative business model.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's face it, the vast majority of people absolutely hate buying a car because they do not trust the process or the people involved, i.e., The Dealership and Car Salesmen. In a recent Gallup poll, Car Salesmen only ranked behind Congress as the least trusted profession in America - members of Congress, fergodssake! Dealerships only exist through legislative mandate, promoted by huge amounts of money spent lobbying.

I suspect that no one would shed a tear if Dealerships lost this monopoly and disappeared as the result of robust competition driven by an alternative business model.
In the poll, was dentisits 3rd?? (I ask as my #1 would be)

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

Interesting poll, thanks Dan! I would've thought lawyers would make the bottom 3 in "honesty and ethical standards". They are #5, color me surprised! lol

Top Bottom