• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Digital Instrument Cluster

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still believe in the KISS principle (keep it simple son)
So do I. Which is why I much prefer the simplicity and accuracy of digital electronics. easier and less expensive with no mechanical moving parts to mess up. I suspect that either of those clusters could be produced for less than the cost of the analogs in use now. You and I are nearly of an age, the difference is that I have spent my life in the tech sector.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
one thing...the BIGGER you can make those numbers the better off for my tired OLD eyes. I was scared half to death last year when I had to do the "major" re-newing of my DL. But I was wondering how bad my vision was becoming...turns out I was flawless when it came to my eyes...but that was for what was needed to see chit further away than the end of my arms.

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
P4121678.JPG
Everything now a days is digital/led. My Insight dash is prettier than a Christmas tree when it fires up.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
one thing...the BIGGER you can make those numbers the better off for my tired OLD eyes. I was scared half to death last year when I had to do the "major" re-newing of my DL. But I was wondering how bad my vision was becoming...turns out I was flawless when it came to my eyes...but that was for what was needed to see chit further away than the end of my arms.
One of the bogies that age deals us and is in large part why I like a digital jcluster. One of the options on the standard dash on my Camaro is to display the current speed in 2 inch high aqua colored DED's between the speedo and tach. Very, vert nice. I need glasses at the computer and reading so that dash saves me a lot of grief.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 455 Everything now a days is digital/led. My Insight dash is prettier than a Christmas tree when it fires up.
And far easier to read that tiny markers on analog gauges. There are a lot of digitals out there that are made to look like traditional analog gauges. That might be overkill for the Elio, as they can run into a lot of $$$$$.

Top Bottom