• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Digital Instrument Cluster

zelio

Elio Addict
View attachment 456

That shot was before fuel system pressurize. This shot is right before the motor starts. When running, all the side icons are off, so the light show cleans up quite a bit.
That is much better but still distractingly colorful. My visual preference definitely leans more towards plain and simple. I love digital and have ever since I was a couple of hours early for work because I read my watch wrong back in the early 1980s. But the plainer and simpler the better. Ironically I love color and am known for my very colorful clothing but that is different from something that is meant to protect and guide me through the vast wonderland of nighttime driving. :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
You are aware that the Elio supplier is Dakkota and not Dakota.

Two different animals............... :http://www.dakotadigital.com/ :)

Me Like this:
prd_888.jpg

H2odog

Elio Addict
Two different animals............... :http://www.dakotadigital.com/ :)

Me Like this: View attachment 457
Yeah, our lighting people are a tad unconventional, spelling their name with 2 K's.
and while I like that too it is just too big for the Elio without modification, I am wondering just where the heck they are going to put a NAV system. Lets face it, we only have half the space that an automobile has. Dash type real estate will be at a premium. Maybe a fold up and away screen where the rearview mirror would normally be.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Maybe a fold up and away screen where the rearview mirror would normally be.

The simple solution would be to do like Honda does & menu
the screen from the steering wheel.........that could be done in an option senario.......... :)

Last edited:

H2odog

Elio Addict
The simple solution would be to do like Honda does & menu
the screen from the steering wheel.........that could be done in an option senario.......... :)
For the sake of many here that might not want either a digital dash or NAV, they need to be kept as separate options. Like how do you do NAV with an analog dash. I can imagine there will be many that will want one but not both. Why spend $$$ on NAV on a vehicle that is used for commute only?

H2odog

Elio Addict
Why spend $$$ on a static vehicle nav when smartphones are so much better for this purpose?
Consider the source of the information, Towers? Good freaking luck! You have just entered the twilight zone. I'll keep my satellite link, thank you!