• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Disappointment

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the good old days of General Motors, it was said that their unofficial motto was, "The pubic is our test track." Remember the Vega.

I think this is the mantra of ALL the carmakers now! Let's use unproven door latches, floor mats, ignition switches, cross frame members, spark plugs, tires and on and on. Let the public test it for us! YEAH!

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know that Nickskeys is being cynical and sarcastic. As a product developer, I have always hated to see the investors take something to market before it is ready. They want a quick return on their investment. John Public becomes the test program. Thus products with excellent promise are ruined by reports of early failures. I am confident that the Elio will not have this happen. I hate the wait for testing to complete, but would not want it any other way.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the good old days of General Motors, it was said that their unofficial motto was, "The pubic is our test track." Remember the Vega.

I think this is the mantra of ALL the carmakers now! Let's use unproven door latches, floor mats, ignition switches, cross frame members, spark plugs, tires and on and on. Let the public test it for us! YEAH!

I remember my '72 Vega Kamback four speed very fondly.
Decent mileage, comfortable, inexpensive.
What more could I ask for.
Drove it for four years and gave it to a cousin who drove it a few more years.

Top Bottom