• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Disappointment

Steve Sparks

Elio Fan
Reaction score
With the announcement that the company plans to sell 100 pre-production car’s in the fourth quarter of this year to a fleet company so Roush can evaluate vehicles, production of our car’s will now be moved out to 2017 and an un-determined date? What the "HE double L" is this we have already had dates moved for the past two year's, I am at my end of being patient. For them to be telling use this again is just too much, I for one can no longer wait. I have been holding out and holding out on getting another car because I "knew" they would come through for us, but this is looking like it’s just going to be too little too late for me. I am very, very disappointed with the company at this point.

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the announcement that the company plans to sell 100 pre-production car’s in the fourth quarter of this year to a fleet company so Roush can evaluate vehicles, production of our car’s will now be moved out to 2017 and an un-determined date? What the "HE double L" is this we have already had dates moved for the past two year's, I am at my end of being patient. For them to be telling use this again is just too much, I for one can no longer wait. I have been holding out and holding out on getting another car because I "knew" they would come through for us, but this is looking like it’s just going to be too little too late for me. I am very, very disappointed with the company at this point.
Hang in there Steve, Rouch will make "this" delay worth the wait, I'm a thinkin'.

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Lol, back in 2013 it was "Coming 2014." So I'm not surprised they moved it from 2016 to 2017. Will the streak continue and in 2017 they'll move it to 2018?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are many who have had to modify their plans as a result of not securing one. I fully understand your frustration (shared by many- including myself). For me, long term gratification has not been one of my virtues - I've met, and married, bought a home, relocated from Florida to Washington, have a new grandchild, bought/sold 2 motorcycles and a few cars waiting, gotten divorced, but that's another story....

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio said: “Roush is an iconic name in the auto industry with a proven track record of success,” Elio said. “We’ve already assembled a great team of suppliers, but adding Roush’s leadership and expertise is like adding that one all-star pitcher to the starting rotation. It makes us even stronger over the long haul.”

Not the last words are "long haul". That is exactly what the time table has turned out to be.

Avards

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Putting the first few production cars into fleet use might be a good idea. The fleet users often are not so gentle with vehicles, and the vehicles are exposed to a whole lot of different driving techniques a whole lot more quickly. In the good old days of General Motors, it was said that their unofficial motto was, "The pubic is our test track." Remember the Vega. Probably best to let renters, rather than owners, experience the glitches which will occur with early production models, if their experience data is collected, analyzed, and acted upon.

Top Bottom