• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Disappointment

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1145 days. I've already had to buy a new "family" vehicle. I was hoping to have the Elio for my daily commute to help extend the life of my SUV by not driving it so much.Now that I have a new SUV, I can wait as long as needed now. Still very hopeful. I hate the delays as much as anyone, but I see progress made all the time which is encouraging at least.

Indiana Dave

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Been waiting since December 2014 when the kids bought me a reservation. I want mine just as bad as anyone else but one thing this has taught me is: PATIENCE.
The 100 car fleet sale will show any defects and problems that need to be addressed before they come to us. I would rather have it that way than have issues driving it home from the factory.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
THIS IS GREAT NEWS !

WHEN I GOT IN LINE FOR TWO ELIOS , I WAS EMPLOYED WITH A STEADY INCOME
AND A 45 MINUTE COMMUTE .

I WAS LAID OFF IN SEPTEMBER AND BEEN CARING FOR MY AILING WIFE
WITH NO COMMUTE & LIVING ON FUMES .

I AM STARTING MY OWN HOME MACHINE SHOP FOR INCOME , THE WIFE IS GETTING BETTER
AND I MAY BE COMMUTING AGAIN BY NEXT YEAR

THIS LATEST PRODUCTION DELAY IS JUST WHAT I NEEDED .

That is GREAT news David! Starting a machine shop for $$, wife is improving, and the delay won't put pressure for buying an Elio. I think we can all use the perspective. :attention:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey kid- there's plenty of us have a shorter clock (me 73)

BTW what's the avatar ? looks like one of those stick insects, crossing the road?

Looks like a Praying Mantis [mantid] in full-on defense mode [don't mess with me, look how big I am!].

I buy 30 eggs sacks per year from Arbico Organics, and place them around the garden area. Definitely helps keep the unwelcome bugs at bay.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand people being disappointed. I DON'T understand people getting upset. I'm pretty sure that everyone read the same agreement that I did.
If I remember correctly, it said something to the effect of. This should be considered a considerable risk. We may NEVER produce a vehicle.
I personally think that no one should invest in an Elio unless they can afford to loose the money.
At least that's the way I look at it. I certainly hope to own an Elio. If it doesn't happen; I took a chance and lost. End of story.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lol, back in 2013 it was "Coming 2014." So I'm not surprised they moved it from 2016 to 2017. Will the streak continue and in 2017 they'll move it to 2018?
That is unlikely. Elio Motors will soon experience a $7.5 million penalty if they do not hire 1,500 employees in Shreveport try agreed to with RACER Trust, additionally Industrial Realty Group owned by Stuart Lichter (Elio Motors Board member and angel investor) will experience a significant ballon in lease on the Shreveport factory, easy to handle if Elio Motors is selling vehicles a serious problem if not. In short I'm saying it's really a do or die time for EM. I think they're doing though death is a constant risk. :eek:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THIS IS GREAT NEWS !

WHEN I GOT IN LINE FOR TWO ELIOS , I WAS EMPLOYED WITH A STEADY INCOME
AND A 45 MINUTE COMMUTE .

I WAS LAID OFF IN SEPTEMBER AND BEEN CARING FOR MY AILING WIFE
WITH NO COMMUTE & LIVING ON FUMES .

I AM STARTING MY OWN HOME MACHINE SHOP FOR INCOME , THE WIFE IS GETTING BETTER
AND I MAY BE COMMUTING AGAIN BY NEXT YEAR

THIS LATEST PRODUCTION DELAY IS JUST WHAT I NEEDED .

I may be looking for some custom machined parts in the next year or so, so I'll keep you in mind :)

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is PE Sicilian?

"Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!"

Excuse me Godfather. Paul Elio has an offer he says you can't refuse.
image.jpeg

Top Bottom