• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Display Quality

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most exhibitors don't realize what a huge investment a show is. When you consider the space rental, shipping and "set up fees" (required in some heavily-unionized locations) travel, housing, and feeding your setup crew and staff (don't forget you are probably pulling key execs, engineers, and marketing people away from their daily jobs to cover the show), when you tally it all up, that little $800 show probably set the company back over $20,000.

To make that kind of investment pay off, you need to give serious consideration to the potential for every show where you make an appearance - and just how big your presence should be. It's always a business decision.

Last edited:

Florida Guy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most exhibitors don't realize what a huge investment a show is. When you consider the space rental, shipping and "set up fees" (required in some heavily-unionized locations) travel, housing, and feeding your setup crew and staff (don't forget you are probably pulling key execs, engineers, and marketing people away from their daily jobs to cover the show), when you tally it all up, that little $800 show probably set the company back over $20,000.

To make that kind of investment pay off, you need to give serious consideration to the potential for every show where you make an appearance - and just how big your presence should be. It's always a business decision.
You point is well made! It seems pretty basic to me that a company needs to get the most bang for their buck. I think there is so much more than can do for so little cost. I also think others on this forum have provided good constructive critisizm of what is currently being done. I hope the Elio Company is listening. We are not the trolls that just look to tear down the good work others are doing, we are trying to help make that work more effective. Nice job all.

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I first saw the Elio P5 in person, all I could see was MY FUTURE CAR, shyly grinning at me and bathed in a glow of lights. It was love at first sight! I was all smiles and laughing out loud and just pinching myself to believe what I was seeing! I was a giddy school kid again, just enamored by this little car . It was everything I was expecting and MORE! The nice folks at the display were anxious to learn about me and my reaction to the car. I didn't care to look at ANYTHING else but this sleek little image in front of me. They had one car, a prototype, but it was my minds eye as to what this car should be. I wasn't disappointed in the least! I loved it outside, underneath, inside, dashboard, seats, glass, engine- EVERYTHING! I was feeling the thrill that I felt looking at my first car back in 1969. They could have just had the car sitting there, and that would have sufficed. I think the display was very well done and not too "busy". I just can't imagine anyone criticizing the display at all.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The experts* say we remember experiences of new things in various ways. Studies have shown that after three days, we remember only about 10% of what we read, maybe 20% of what we hear, and about 65% of what we see AND hear. But (and this is the whole reason we want to DEMONSTRATE the product at a show) we remember 70% of what we DO. Putting the prospect in the driver's seat is by far the most memorable experience you can give him or her at a show. Let them get their hands on the product, touch, hold, even smell the product contributes to the experience. Once your prospect has experienced your product for him/herself, you've made an indelible impression that they will remember for weeks or months.

That's the whole focus of an exhibit, to attract a prospective owner onto your carpet, give him the information he needs to make an informed buying decision, and provide the (virtual) experience of ownership by letting him get his hands on the product, and understand what its features, advantages, and benefits will do for him.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I waited in line to "sit" in the P3 AND the P4 and will do it again to sit in the P5 :)

I think Florida Guy is correct in that there should be more "appealing" banners, etc. to keep the interest of those line waiters :D

Patiently waiting.............1480 :p

Top Bottom