• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Diy Hands On Projects

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's some of the si qua non of this world. These guys never cease to amaze me! There's been a handful of Big Boy live steam models built over the years. In fact, right now, Union Pacific is rebuilding one of the originals (full size, largest practical steam locos ever built) in Cheyenne. Hopefully, it will be running sometime in 2019. Road trip! :D

See. you have some of us foaming at the mouth now over these.
I'll have to check and see if this place is still for sale, it's not that far away

And found this, while viewing your video's
The largest in the world, but they don't tell where it is

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Illinois Railway Museum is near home. I figure that if I ever start to miss having my hands inside an EMD again (and that's likely, maybe the only thing I'm missing about work in retirement), that I'd volunteer up there for a day a week, or so.

http://www.irm.org/
I know all of these museums for trains and train restorations are always looking for experienced people to help, you shouldn't have a hard time getting in.

bighammer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DSC_0001resize.jpg
I like to stick to simple stuff, like spinning logs that meet sharpened tools. Usually, bowls, vases, and platters, but I decided to try making a djembe for something different. (~13" x 25")

Top Bottom