• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Do I Need A Second Car?

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have usually always had two cars in the last 3 years only 1 car. It helps having as second car when I do get my Elio I will be keeping my current car. I may after awhile sell my car for a sports car of some sort. An Elio and a sports car would be the best solution for me.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In your case maybe not.
For me I ride my motorcycles as often as I can. Right up until snow is flying. The car seldom is used until then. The ELIO will replace neither.
At 7000 The ELIO will be an extra I am sure as times goes by it will see more and more use and should it prove it's self it may become a primary for when the bike is not an option. Should the ELIO prove it's self it will like go to college with my granddaughter and we will order a second one.
I retired once and 2-5 years will retire again Our needs will change some what. Living out side of town a 50-80 mpg ELIO could come in handy.
At first it will be parked in the driveway Key in it anyone that wants to use it have at it.
Hmmmmmm, where did you say you live? :p :rolleyes: :) Z

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Being retired,,just the wife and me, I am now thinking about getting rid of the '12 Focus. I was thinking that I would just rent a car on those occasions when I need a bigger car. No insurance on the other car, more room in the garage and I don't have to keep it clean and maintained.

The only down side I see is if the need for a bigger car were to come up suddenly.

If you need to carry more passengers attach a trailer with a couple of car seats bolted in place. Ha-ha! Now THERES'S a redneck solution if I ever saw one!:D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have usually always had two cars in the last 3 years only 1 car. It helps having as second car when I do get my Elio I will be keeping my current car. I may after awhile sell my car for a sports car of some sort. An Elio and a sports car would be the best solution for me.
I will consider the Elio to be my sports autocycle!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you need to carry more passengers attach a trailer with a couple of car seats bolted in place. Ha-ha! Now THERES'S a redneck solution if I ever saw one!:D
........or a side car option like this one, although you might want 3 seats either side to visually balance the Elio out.
image.jpg

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This would be an ELIO week. I am leaving on the motorcycle. Frost every where and it is about 31 degrees out. It is going to be cool all week and maybe some rain where I will be. I am to stubborn to take a company car or rental from the motel . The ELIO would still be fun to ride/drive and a bit warmer.

The side car picture while neat is not in keeping with the ELIO in line way of doing things.
This is more like it.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Being retired,,just the wife and me, I am now thinking about getting rid of the '12 Focus. I was thinking that I would just rent a car on those occasions when I need a bigger car. No insurance on the other car, more room in the garage and I don't have to keep it clean and maintained.

The only down side I see is if the need for a bigger car were to come up suddenly.

Jay3wheel,

Your real downside is that if the Elio is as fun to drive as it looks like it'll be, you'll be spending a lot of time looking at the back of your wife's head while she hoons around.

Top Bottom