• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Dwr's E-cig Thread....

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, DWR this one is yours......

I'll chime in first......I've tried them 3 years ago or so.....and am trying them again now, I like but still cant get the right mixture of nicotine level and flavor (yeah I'm mixing my own).

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have one. I'll use it sometimes at night. I quit cigarettes almost 8 yrs ago, but still chew.
I think I could do a better job of quitting both of them, except Wifey is a heavy smoker (think dragon smoke). She will inhale then blow it in my face while talking to me!
My gains have been small. A can of chew will last me 6 to 10 days, where for years it was a can a day. I have almost half the little bottle of menthol nicotine liquid for my e-cig left after 9 Months.
I started chewing when I was 8. I quit once, for about 4 yrs. One unthinking fingerfull from a cousins can, and I was right back at it.
I started smoking at 25 (yes, when I met Wifey). So a 20 yr smoker before stopping. I still drool when I smell cigarettes, but haven't started back.....yet.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, DWR this one is yours......

I'll chime in first......I've tried them 3 years ago or so.....and am trying them again now, I like but still cant get the right mixture of nicotine level and flavor (yeah I'm mixing my own).
Making your own is a money saving way to go, but I'd rather let someone that knows what they're doing mix mine. Oh, NEVER use Chinese juice. Who knows what they're putting in it. If you're mixing to save money, try this company. Very good prices, and some good flavors (some bad ones too). I highly recommend Razzleberry with a 30% flavor boost, and Swedish Fin (Swedish Fish candy flavor) with a 30% boost. I must say, their tobacco flavors are some of the worst I've tried, but their candy, fruit, and dessert flavors are very good for the price.

http://www.vistavapors.com/

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have one. I'll use it sometimes at night. I quit cigarettes almost 8 yrs ago, but still chew.
I think I could do a better job of quitting both of them, except Wifey is a heavy smoker (think dragon smoke). She will inhale then blow it in my face while talking to me!
My gains have been small. A can of chew will last me 6 to 10 days, where for years it was a can a day. I have almost half the little bottle of menthol nicotine liquid for my e-cig left after 9 Months.
I started chewing when I was 8. I quit once, for about 4 yrs. One unthinking fingerfull from a cousins can, and I was right back at it.
I started smoking at 25 (yes, when I met Wifey). So a 20 yr smoker before stopping. I still drool when I smell cigarettes, but haven't started back.....yet.

Unfortunately, nothing taste like a cigarette, except a cigarette. When I first started vaping, I looked and looked for a true tobacco flavor. Never found it. I think it’s the tar in tobacco that gives it all that flavor. I've found I enjoy the fruit flavors and menthol the most.:)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
40 yr smoker here (started at 10 to be cool like my older brother and cousin :confused:). Got an E-Cig about months ago (V2) with what they call 'Sahara' juice...supposed to taste like Camel Cigs, doesn't all that much, and I have to admit, it has saved countless lives at work. ;) Boeing makes you walk all the way off company property to smoke, and only during your 10 minute break. The rub is, it takes more than 10 minutes just to walk out to the gate and back. Nobody's given me any crap about my E-Cig, but then again, I'm pretty discreet using it. Still smoke Winchesters on "my time".

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
40 yr smoker here (started at 10 to be cool like my older brother and cousin :confused:). Got an E-Cig about months ago (V2) with what they call 'Sahara' juice...supposed to taste like Camel Cigs, doesn't all that much, and I have to admit, it has saved countless lives at work. ;) Boeing makes you walk all the way off company property to smoke, and only during your 10 minute break. The rub is, it takes more than 10 minutes just to walk out to the gate and back. Nobody's given me any crap about my E-Cig, but then again, I'm pretty discreet using it. Still smoke Winchesters on "my time".
NSTG8R......V2 is where I started. Nasty Chinese juice. Please man, don't touch that stuff! I liked Congress the most of all of the V2 juice, BUT it is still Chinese juice.Hell fire man, you can't even breath the air over there without a mask! DO NOT USE CHINESE JUICE (for your own safety). We don't know what they put in it. If you're looking for a tobacco flavor, Try a small (15ml) bottle of "Johnson Creek's, Red Oak version of "Tennessee Cured". If that's not what you're looking for in tobacco, try "Full Virginia Flake" from Mountain Oak Vapors. I like sweeter versions of tobacco, so you may want to check out "Apache"(great raw pipe flavor from Johnson Creek) or Southern Gentleman (Fair cigar flavor from Mountain Oak Vapors). I have to go to bed now. I'll share some hardware bargains with you tomorrow. V2 stuff is small and does not work for someone who is serious about leaving tobacco behind. Small batteries and small tanks just won't do the trick for a tobacco user ( (I know, I gave away about $100.00 worth of V2 stuff to someone that was "curious" about vaping).

Last edited:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am attempting to be a non smoker after 48 years. Yep started at 10 as well stealing an occasional smoke from Mom and Dad or a girl friends parents. Became a full fledged smoker at 13 buying my own ( back when no one was carded for cigarettes ) I'm sucking on the nicotine lozenges (cinnamon flavor) and using "blu" rechargeable e-cigs when I need to draw in some vapor or need hand to mouth action. "blu" suck as far as battery life goes and only the high nicotine have any real flavor) we've already dropped to the medium level and will drop to low in another week. We already have a battery that won't hold a charge after 2 weeks. Was never really interested in doing my own mix as the objective is to stop using nicotine altogether. However if this doesn't work, I may just become a permanent vaporizer and go that route.
Started 8 weeks ago and I haven't had a real cigarett in 61/2 weeks (coming up on personal record for not smoking at 7 weeks). The test will be this Sunday's road trip to Minnesota. Can I drive 15 hours, without a real smoke? I'm a bit of a chain smoker while driving, so this will be the make it or break it test. I'll let you all know next friday when I get back.;)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am attempting to be a non smoker after 48 years. Yep started at 10 as well stealing an occasional smoke from Mom and Dad or a girl friends parents. Became a full fledged smoker at 13 buying my own ( back when no one was carded for cigarettes ) I'm sucking on the nicotine lozenges (cinnamon flavor) and using "blu" rechargeable e-cigs when I need to draw in some vapor or need hand to mouth action. "blu" suck as far as battery life goes and only the high nicotine have any real flavor) we've already dropped to the medium level and will drop to low in another week. We already have a battery that won't hold a charge after 2 weeks. Was never really interested in doing my own mix as the objective is to stop using nicotine altogether. However if this doesn't work, I may just become a permanent vaporizer and go that route.
Started 8 weeks ago and I haven't had a real cigarett in 61/2 weeks (coming up on personal record for not smoking at 7 weeks). The test will be this Sunday's road trip to Minnesota. Can I drive 15 hours, without a real smoke? I'm a bit of a chain smoker while driving, so this will be the make it or break it test. I'll let you all know next friday when I get back.;)

I'm with you sister on the chain smoking while driving. I've got about an hour drive home, and can pound down 6 just getting home. And if there's any drinking involved (not while driving of course), it's not unheard of for me to light one up, with another one burning in the ashtray...wicked habit that turned into a subconscious way of life.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NSTG8R......V2 is where I started. Nasty Chinese juice. Please man, don't touch that stuff! I liked Congress the most of all of the V2 juice, BUT it is still Chinese juice.Hell fire man, you can't even breath the air over there without a mask! DO NOT USE CHINESE JUICE (for your own safety). We don't know what they put in it. If you're looking for a tobacco flavor, Try a small (15ml) bottle of "Johnson Creek's, Red Oak version of "Tennessee Cured". If that's not what you're looking for in tobacco, try "Full Virginia Flake" from Mountain Oak Vapors. I like sweeter versions of tobacco, so you may want to check out "Apache"(great raw pipe flavor from Johnson Creek) or Southern Gentleman (Fair cigar flavor from Mountain Oak Vapors). I have to go to bed now. I'll share some hardware bargains with you tomorrow. V2 stuff is small and does not work for someone who is serious about leaving tobacco behind. Small batteries and small tanks just won't do the trick for a tobacco user ( (I know, I gave away about $100.00 worth of V2 stuff to someone that was "curious" about vaping).

I wasn't aware the the "Chinese juice" thing. We do have a Vape shop right in town, but I always ordered my stuff through the mail, so I never stopped in to check the place out. Now, the V2 does have small batteries compared to some of the units I've seen (some could jumpstart a car!), but I've got two batteries, and a mobile recharger so there's always a charged battery on hand. VERY interested to hear what you have to recommend vape-wise, kind of a newbie myself.

Reactions: DWR

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Way to go Norahsbed! I've never tried Blu, but have a friend that uses it, and likes it. I agree with you. Driving, and when I first get up in the morning is when I miss real tobacco the most. Well that, and when you have the occasional drink. You just have to look at it like a brand change, and stick with it.:)

Top Bottom