• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Dwr's E-cig Thread....

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't aware the the "Chinese juice" thing. We do have a Vape shop right in town, but I always ordered my stuff through the mail, so I never stopped in to check the place out. Now, the V2 does have small batteries compared to some of the units I've seen (some could jumpstart a car!), but I've got two batteries, and a mobile recharger so there's always a charged battery on hand. VERY interested to hear what you have to recommend vape-wise, kind of a newbie myself.
Both companies I mentioned are mail order, and you may find something on their sites that sound better to you than what I like. We all have different taste. That's why there are literally tens of thousands of flavors out there. Like I said before, I've never found anything that is a true tobbaco copy, but the ones I told you about are my personal favorites. Another thing about V2 is their juice is 100% PG (propylene glycol). I prefer VG (vegetable glycerin). Most brands offer a mix of the two, but I try to stay at 100% VG. Most people I know usually end up going to fruit or candy flavors. This one is very good at a 30% flavor boost. http://www.vistavapors.com/swedish-fin/ . This one is too, again at a 30% boost. http://www.vistavapors.com/razzleberry/ . You can't beat this company's prices, but their tobacco flavors are the worst I've tried. They also have great prices on hardware. My local shop sells this battery for $34.00. Only $23.99 here. http://www.vistavapors.com/aspire-cf-vv-battery/ . Of course you'll need a charger for it, but they are only $3.50 on the same site. with that battery and one of these tanks http://www.vistavapors.com/aspire-bdc-glass-tank/ you will have a high quality, very good system, but not to big. If you order anything from Vista, use coupon code "VISTATEN" for 10% off.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Way to go Norahsbed! I've never tried Blu, but have a friend that uses it, and likes it. I agree with you. Driving, and when I first get up in the morning is when I miss real tobacco the most. Well that, and when you have the occasional drink. You just have to look at it like a brand change, and stick with it.:)

Got one fired up before I hit the button on the Mr. Coffee. :oops:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have one. I'll use it sometimes at night. I quit cigarettes almost 8 yrs ago, but still chew.
I think I could do a better job of quitting both of them, except Wifey is a heavy smoker (think dragon smoke). She will inhale then blow it in my face while talking to me!
My gains have been small. A can of chew will last me 6 to 10 days, where for years it was a can a day. I have almost half the little bottle of menthol nicotine liquid for my e-cig left after 9 Months.
I started chewing when I was 8. I quit once, for about 4 yrs. One unthinking fingerfull from a cousins can, and I was right back at it.
I started smoking at 25 (yes, when I met Wifey). So a 20 yr smoker before stopping. I still drool when I smell cigarettes, but haven't started back.....yet.
Bert, the wife quit with me this time or at least she's not smoking at home. I think she keeps a stash at work, which is fine with me. She admitted to having a few the other day, when she found out a position she has spent the last 6 months training for, will not be filled. Retirement plans seem to be getting closer and closer everyday!

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got one fired up before I hit the button on the Mr. Coffee. :oops:
I've changed my morning routine a bit, to help curb the first smoke in the morning syndrome. However when I do sit down with my coffee, I still look for the pack. I'll grab the e-cig and just hold it for awhile. It's kinda like exercising, I just have to get used to doing something different.;)

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't aware the the "Chinese juice" thing. We do have a Vape shop right in town, but I always ordered my stuff through the mail, so I never stopped in to check the place out. Now, the V2 does have small batteries compared to some of the units I've seen (some could jumpstart a car!), but I've got two batteries, and a mobile recharger so there's always a charged battery on hand. VERY interested to hear what you have to recommend vape-wise, kind of a newbie myself.
One more thing NSTG8R, check out your local vape shop. Most likely, they will have dozens of flavors you can try on site. Since you've never been to a shop, this is how it works. They will give you a rubber tip sealed in a plastic bag. You will be the only one to touch the tip. That tip, will slide over the tip of their "test tanks". With that tip, you can try dozens of flavors in one trip for free. Don't shy away from what sounds good, or what sounds "feminine". It doesn't really matter what the name of the juice is, as long as you like it. Try them all! Just make sure they carry American made juice.;)

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've changed my morning routine a bit, to help curb the first smoke in the morning syndrome. However when I do sit down with my coffee, I still look for the pack. I'll grab the e-cig and just hold it for awhile. It's kinda like exercising, I just have to get used to doing something different.;)
Exactly. It is a change, but doesn't have to be to uncomfortabe with E-cigs. Please stick with it.:)

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, if this thread is for fun only, I have to promote a local 10 YO girl that will be a superstar in the next 10-15 years. Any Grateful Dead fans out there?

How about Grand Ole Opry fans (she's been invited there 3 times. They have to offer a membership after so many invites.)?

There is PLENTY of her on Youtube if you want to see/hear more. I hope some of you choose to check her out. I'm as excited about her future, as I am Elio's future.:D

SandyCWV

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Not trying to say people shouldn't use e-cigs or anything... that is your thing. I have a non-smoker experience with them that I found disturbing. A customer walked up to my service desk smoking one of those, blew the smoke right at me (probably not on purpose). It was like I had breathed in drywall dust. I could smell it and feel it in my throat for the rest of the day. I don't get the same feeling from regular cigarettes. I only tell this because as a smoker a person may not notice the difference --- and maybe it matters.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not trying to say people shouldn't use e-cigs or anything... that is your thing. I have a non-smoker experience with them that I found disturbing. A customer walked up to my service desk smoking one of those, blew the smoke right at me (probably not on purpose). It was like I had breathed in drywall dust. I could smell it and feel it in my throat for the rest of the day. I don't get the same feeling from regular cigarettes. I only tell this because as a smoker a person may not notice the difference --- and maybe it matters.
Hi Sandy. That is a strange story, because all an E-cig consists of is fog machine juice (like the kind from dance clubs and concerts) and USP approved food flavoring. Maybe you have a low tolerance for steam and food flavorings, but my employer allows me to use them at work because they know they are harmless, and help keep me off real tobocco. I would NEVER blow vapor in anyone's face, or use them where they, or cigarettes are not allowed, Actually, my coworkers enjoy the faint smells of fruit and carmel/vanilla scents that my vapor gives off. No one has ever had the complaint you do (I would quit right away if they did). They actually have to be in my cubical to notice at all. It's kind of like using one third of a scented candle, as far as scent goes. By the way, I haven't been a smoker in 16 years (I used snuff to quit cigarettes 15 years ago), so my experience with e-cigs IS from a "non-smoker" user. These help a lot of people quit the real thing. Please don't try to turn them into something "evil", because they aren't. I'd like to know the flavor your customer was using, because unlike cigarettes, as soon as you stop vaping, the flavor is gone. Just like the scent. If they have a flavor that lasts all day, I'm in!

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Being in the medical field I am very interested in e-cigs and vaping so I have checked pretty much all the info that is out there, and it isn't really much. Yet. I would recommend that anyone who likes vaping for whatever reason do so descretely. The anti-pleasure nazis are already lining up their crosshairs on vaping devices so be prepared.
So far the arguments are that the propolyne glycol has been known to have an issue with a small percentage of people, the vegetable glycerin is not proven harmless in vapor form, there IS aerosolized nicotine in the exhaled vapor, and if your atomizer runs too hot it can produce a chemical or two that is of questionable carcinogic safety, (at least in California). All-in-all, burning a bag of popcorn in the microwave might be a thousand times more hazardous, and the perfume density of some folks might represent a REAL threat to breathing safety, but logic and perspective have never been known to dampen a good hysteria.
Don't make the mistake of dismissing the small but very vocal group of people out there who think all those inconsiderate, filthy smokers should just DIE! They take pleasure in seeing smokers suffer withdrawls, and would do anything they can to make it harder for them. Vaping spoils all their fun and it REALLY irritates them that smokers are not getting their due suffering. In fact, they're getting away with something and MUST be stopped! (Really, I know lots of these people and many of them work in health care.)
Naturally EVERYONE should quit smoking. It's a HORRIBLE way to die. But if vaping is your step in the right direction, I hate to see that option being legislated away. But I think it's coming.

Top Bottom