• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E1 Photos!

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, no body panel where the front suspension comes out. Maybe that didn't buy much in the aerodynamics department.. Or maybe they were left off of this one on purpose, like the headlights.

I've been thinking about this. Since, as others have mentioned, they have put adjustable suspension onto the E1 (presumably to nail down the optimum ride height), then it makes sense to leave off those covers until they have the final suspension geometry.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And it looks like they fixed the hinky junction between the roof panel and the rear hatch. Dang that was a lot to see; obviously, they're trying to show "progress" while they suck the taxpayers dry. It's gotta be a scam! ;)

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you pay careful attention toward the end you will also see a Red and a Creamsicle E series in the background.
----> http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...p-toward-commercial-production-300292851.html <----
I saw what you are talking about, but I think those are the P4 and P5. Now I can't figure out why they would be there. But the nose on the creamcicle is wider.

On second thought, why wouldn't you have the prototypes available as you assemble the E Series to use as references for construction?

Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Red and the Creamsicle are the P5 and the P4 to the right of those two is a white one probably the E1A
The question then is, what's under the cover?
On other pictures I saw on Facebook of the press event, all 4 of the prototypes were present. So that "white" one is probably the P3, and the E1A was under the cover.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
On other pictures I saw on Facebook of the press event, all 4 of the prototypes were present. So that "white" one is probably the P3, and the E1A was under the cover.
Good marketing, 3 of the prototypes, an engineering test Elio, and frames for additional E-series; Elio Motors has certainly come a long way from some humble beginnings.

Top Bottom