• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E1 Photos!

Earl LaSitis

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Looks good your right about the space between dash and windshield it will be a collector of junk. Cleaning the windshield inside
might need a special tool too. I still can't wait till there in production so I can drive my own.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have this posted in another thread;
I wrote to EM <again> and asked about the dash in the E-series compared to the P5 instrument cluster; here's what they had to say:
Elio.jpe

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Jun 30, 19:00 EDT

Hello Coss!
Thanks for checking in.
Great eye! The dash you see is a placeholder, as this is not a public vehicle and will be used for testing. However, the electronics and spacing are the same. At this stage, there are no plans to offer an optional dash.
Thanks again!

Best,
The Elio Team

So we get the Elgin only, end of discussion as far as EM is concerned.
Back to the Coss Cluster; I've decided that the gauges in mine will be White Face, Black numbers, black classic style pointer.
As for the other warning lights, they will be dealt with once I have one to work with.
Switches for all other accessories; I'm using a lighted rocker switches and not toggle.

I believe that is the faceplate for the MTX system molded into the dash; you would have to cut that to a single DIN rectangle to use an aftermarket stereo. Not hard to do; but it is extra work.

Since that's the case of the dash being the same dimensions, you'd think you'd be able to "easily" swap the dash out.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Since that's the case of the dash being the same dimensions, you'd think you'd be able to "easily" swap the dash out.
Remember, they have the dash out of the vehicle when they set it up.
I won't have that luxury.
I'll have to work from the front only.
Makes it a lot more difficult.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I've posted this 3 other places; so why not a 4th:

Elio.jpe

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Jun 30, 19:00 EDT

Hello Coss!
Thanks for checking in.
Great eye! The dash you see is a placeholder, as this is not a public vehicle and will be used for testing. However, the electronics and spacing are the same. At this stage, there are no plans to offer an optional dash.
Thanks again!

Best,
The Elio Team

LOL! Appreciate it Coss. May not make a difference though, folks believe what they want, as Jim Carrey said in "Ace Ventura": fiction CAN BE fun!

Top Bottom