• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E1c Unveiled

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but so is meeting your own goals. Who would not be canned by our boss if we continually missed what we stated to our bosses? I was told by an Elio employee when I saw the P4 that the engineering models would be done over 6 months ago. They clearly are money tight. Hopefully they get the funding they so badly need soon.

Sorry to disappoint you but, unless you "heard it" in writing, (and even if you do see it in writing) it is nothing more than a "forward thinking statement". For more info on what that actually means, refer to the "written" legal statement at the end of EM's e-mails.
As for "getting fired?"...Paul does not answer to us. We have merely been invited along for the ride. And no one here, has ever been given authority to drive. So, sit back and relax. Maybe take a little nap. :couch2:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the Elgin Poll Reality Check on this forum of future buyers, 37 people said keep it, 25 said they'd pay some money to get rid of it. Basically, the majority do NOT hate it. They may not love it, but they don't hate it.

EDIT: To be fair, there's another poll about the Elgin Dash... 59 hate it and 58 either like it or don't care enough to hate it. So, that IS actually a majority.
That's aniut as polarized as the electorate.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but so is meeting your own goals. Who would not be canned by our boss if we continually missed what we stated to our bosses? I was told by an Elio employee when I saw the P4 that the engineering models would be done over 6 months ago. They clearly are money tight. Hopefully they get the funding they so badly need soon.

Not sure who told you the goals were to have the E series built by May 2016. I remember seeing here that the E series construction was supposed to start around June, which I believe did happen on time. Although it seems that they are progressing much more slowly than anticipated since they were also to start construction of the fleet 100 in December. My hunch is that they would work faster with a bigger budget, more development and testing in parallel, but I have ZERO basis for that hunch. So I cannot judge them without actually knowing what is going on behind the scenes.

Just yesterday a neighbor was talking to me about the Sondors $10,000 electric car. If their track record with their ebike holds true, I think they will bring to market a $10,000 electric car, possibly before the Elio hits the market. But it will be a low build quality, low ride quality vehicle with grossly overstated specs with a pretty small amount of engineering.

I said I am glad Elio is taking their time since they are actually engineering a good vehicle. Not just something slapped together but something to be proud of. I expect the Elio to be a low dollar, high quality vehicle that can actually meet the stated specs. And from what I have seen from the P4 (I just started following Elio progress last year) to the P5 to the E1c that they are headed in the right direction.

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I made it clear in my very first post here. There is not a clear Elio team which consistantly says the same message. I believe that half the "errors" we see in the many Elio articles are from the reporter getting bad information from who they talk to. I was very surprised when the guy told me that they had already started the 25 engineering models in Fall of 2015.

Top Bottom