• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E1c Unveiled

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I made it clear in my very first post here. There is not a clear Elio team which consistantly says the same message. I believe that half the "errors" we see in the many Elio articles are from the reporter getting bad information from who they talk to. I was very surprised when the guy told me that they had already started the 25 engineering models in Fall of 2015.
I agree with you there. Elio used to have regular video chats with their road team to ensure everyone was on the same page. I now wonder how the left doesn't know what the right is doing. They really should work on their consistency.

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't think it's going to happen. It's been two years since Elio's ATVM loan app and no cigar. https://www.eliomotors.com/elio-motors-passes-first-review-phase-for-doe-atvm-loan/ Primary issue "• Be financially viable without the receipt of additional federal funding for the proposed project." It's right there in the ATVM requirements, Epic Fail!

Even with "most successful" and only Reg-A stock offering you could also equally say they are the "worst" Reg-A offering!- Elio is currenty the only show in this space. Show me where they are going to receive the additional $283 million beyond the initial stock offering to get to the stated $300 million for production? Think the 65k reservations? Think about it, even if all 65K, were non-refundable $1,000 reservations, which they are not at that level, that's only $455 million. Let's say half are at the $1,000 mark, you still lose, that's only $227 million. Not enough coin even to get started. Elio refuses to release any figures.... At $250k/year for his and four board members, since 2009, you paid for a handsome retirement. Just saying... Great Concept, Epic Fail in Delivery. It's a scam, vaporware, enrich the board- and it's all legal. Most of the Elio expenditures since public have been for legal.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank You b.b. I'll just wave bye bye while the other half drives away on the weekend.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5sYmPMoMCH4/TlOY09G_0GI/AAAAAAAAA5w/dTTRwMuMRQo/s1600/suv.jpg
Thanks for reposting this. Seriously. I watched it again and THIS time, I noticed something I haven't seen anyone else mention in the forum...

The door handle is different - it's aerodynamic now. It used to be a half filled dent from the top - like a droopy eye. Now, it's like the eye is closed. That's a weird explanation but it is a change from what I've seen.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was going to guess 2 liters until I read the fan shroud. Close enough I'll bet you aren't getting 84 MPG! Nice looking ride I miss my 58
Note quite 84mpg, but I can get 30 if I baby it. I don't really drive it much anymore, I have a company vehicle now that I commute with and they pay for gas so....
It's been weeks since I had it out of the garage.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2200 or 2400.
1835 was the best.
Yea, 1835 would be killer, but I put this together when I was using it every day for field service, and those strokers aren't as streetable. I put 30,000 on it in less than 2 years and the only problem I had was the pointless ignition I had. I went back to points and nothing but oil changes since.

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yea, 1835 would be killer, but I put this together when I was using it every day for field service, and those strokers aren't as streetable. I put 30,000 on it in less than 2 years and the only problem I had was the pointless ignition I had. I went back to points and nothing but oil changes since.
Mazda 3- 40MPG, proven, Have you seen that trunk?You're moving something beyond a bread basket?

Top Bottom