• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E1c Unveiled

lschilders

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I watched the E1c video today, and notice something intriguing. The E1c has an analog dash istead of that dumb looking Elgin thing they have been showing. I looks really nice. I hope it makes it to final production, otherwise the dash will be the first custom thing I build as a replacement unit.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I watched the E1c video today, and notice something intriguing. The E1c has an analog dash istead of that dumb looking Elgin thing they have been showing. I looks really nice. I hope it makes it to final production, otherwise the dash will be the first custom thing I build a replacement for.
That's been brought up a number of times throughout the discussions about the E1C; I've already asked EM about it and they will not confirm of deny if it will be in the production models; the answer went like this:
59c32fde7fc?size=40&default=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2F2016%2Fdefault-avatar-80.png

The Elio Customer Experience Team (Elio Motors)

Nov 17, 18:49 EST

Stay tuned Coss for a interior news and review... coming in the near future.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
The Elio Team

So that all we know about it.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But I don't think there is a significant or inherent difference between the two populations and the respondents from this board.

Populations in this endeavor are indeed interesting. This forum has changed greatly over time. The ones who now post have indeed become a very small but very well informed group, even if we are the quire singing to itself. The ones who silently lurk here now are a little larger set of groups who check in with varying intervals. All that put together is no where near the size of the full population of reservationists. And that is a small portion of all the eventual buyers.
Here on this forum we do seem to be more like the 60k body of reservation holders and probably not as much like the average future buyer.

Still for the most part the key motivators for buying this car in all known and expected groups seem far distant from the judgments around the dash-board. Therefore, I suspect that less than 5% of the public would reject the car simply on the basis of the dash alone. Most of us may gripe or cheer about it, but buy or reject it for other reasons.

Once the car does go on sale I'm sure the membership here will change much more dramatically than it ever did in the past, as will our subject matter.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Populations in this endeavor are indeed interesting. This forum has changed greatly over time. The ones who now post have indeed become a very small but very well informed group, even if we are the quire singing to itself. The ones who silently lurk here now are a little larger set of groups who check in with varying intervals. All that put together is no where near the size of the full population of reservationists. And that is a small portion of all the eventual buyers.
Here on this forum we do seem to be more like the 60k body of reservation holders and probably not as much like the average future buyer.

Still for the most part the key motivators for buying this car in all known and expected groups seem far distant from the judgments around the dash-board. Therefore, I suspect that less than 5% of the public would reject the car simply on the basis of the dash alone. Most of us may gripe or cheer about it, but buy or reject it for other reasons.

Once the car does go on sale I'm sure the membership here will change much more dramatically than it ever did in the past, as will our subject matter.
I do think you are correct when you say an Elgin Dash would not be a deal killer for most. But most would prefer another dash if available. In this regard, I am probably typical.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The last stat I heard was that less than 5% of the population were even aware of Elio. That means roughly 1.2 Million would be expected to respond before even getting to the additions which come from having an actual product to see and sell and those who can't afford extra money with which to speculate.

I think the response has been FANTASTIC!
nice stat " the last I heard was less than 5%....." and you know this how??? Did the stat before this last one indicate 3.756%??

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The cone filter alone for the intake will have much more intake honk than your standard flat paper filter in an airbox. I would be surprised if it stays like that for the NVH increase alone. A lot of times when "car guys" change out the stock airbox for a "cone on a stick" warm air intake they only get more intake noise that sounds more powerful but not actually gain any power. It was very noticeable when I did it in my 2006 Kia Rio. At least it sounded sporty ;)
Hey Maurtis. I know you had a Veloster NA at one time, and I have the turbo version. I installed a K&N Typhoon system. Replacing everything, including the air box all the way back to the intake on the motor, that {according to K&N} adds 13 HP. Turbos love to be fed air, and it made an increase in HP that is felt, not just claimed by the mfg. You're spot on about intake honk though. I like it because now I can hear all the turbo noise, from the intake to the blow off valve. My wife now calls it the "Darth Vader car". Next project is an exhaust system. After all, more air in means you need more air out. Right?:noidea:

Top Bottom