• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E1c Unveiled

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
In the Elgin Poll Reality Check on this forum of future buyers, 37 people said keep it, 25 said they'd pay some money to get rid of it. Basically, the majority do NOT hate it. They may not love it, but they don't hate it.

EDIT: To be fair, there's another poll about the Elgin Dash... 59 hate it and 58 either like it or don't care enough to hate it. So, that IS actually a majority.
Isn't it interesting that most of the time there is very little mention about the dash in these reveals; then the E1C comes along and one of the first things people talk about is the dash.
I believe there is more of a tolerant level of the Elgin because people don't feel that they should have to pay to have a dash changed.
Maybe it's time for another poll, but this time include something like "if you could replace the Elgin at no cost, would you?" That would probably be the biggest vote getter there is.

I keep asking EM about the dash and every time the answer is a dance around the question with no answer for them.
I wish they would make up their minds and give a straight Yes or No answer.

Personally, I don't like the Elgin and think it really detracts from whole vehicle.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Isn't it interesting that most of the time there is very little mention about the dash in these reveals; then the E1C comes along and one of the first things people talk about is the dash.
I believe there is more of a tolerant level of the Elgin because people don't feel that they should have to pay to have a dash changed.
Maybe it's time for another poll, but this time include something like "if you could replace the Elgin at no cost, would you?" That would probably be the biggest vote getter there is.

I keep asking EM about the dash and every time the answer is a dance around the question with no answer for them.
I wish they would make up their minds and give a straight Yes or No answer.

Personally, I don't like the Elgin and think it really detracts from whole vehicle.

You are probably right. I, for one, would prefer a more traditional dash with needle gauges. However, I was kind of looking forward to the unique style of the Elgin dash. I'm loath to start another poll of which we can all pretty much guess the answer though. The wording would be tricky... "Would you prefer the Elgin or any other style better?" -- that's basically asking if you think the Elgin is the BEST dash in the whole wide world. The answer to ANY dash inserted in that poll should be "Something better"... Same with replacing the Elgin at no cost. For something better? "No thank you, I don't want something more to my liking for free." See? There's no way to word it where the Elgin would win... or any other dash for that matter.

"Pick one - The Lord Elgin dash or anything in the world you like better."... just doesn't work. Catch 22?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are probably right. I, for one, would prefer a more traditional dash with needle gauges. However, I was kind of looking forward to the unique style of the Elgin dash. I'm loath to start another poll of which we can all pretty much guess the answer though. The wording would be tricky... "Would you prefer the Elgin or any other style better?" -- that's basically asking if you think the Elgin is the BEST dash in the whole wide world. The answer to ANY dash inserted in that poll should be "Something better"... Same with replacing the Elgin at no cost. For something better? "No thank you, I don't want something more to my liking for free." See? There's no way to word it where the Elgin would win... or any other dash for that matter.

"Pick one - The Lord Elgin dash or anything in the world you like better."... just doesn't work. Catch 22?

True. Poll wording can skew the voting any way the author likes.

Last edited:

Florida Guy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but as a all-in reservation holder I am tired about hearing about little more than the appearances of the P series or E series at shows. This seems like trivial news after all these years of slow slow progress. Why is it taking soooo long to get some track results about how the car actually drives. The Elio engine has been in a vehicle for over a year now so I think it is time to get handling and driving characteristics of a real car shown and written about! Also, it appears that the progress of making these E series vehicles is WAY slower than advertised, I bet that they are short the cash to complete them in a timely manner and they are dragging their feet since money is shorter than needed to go full speed ahead. Yes, I am losing the idea that the car will ever be made. I know starting a new car company is hard but progress for the last year has been so slow and the balance sheet just published looks soooo bad that I doubt this will ever happen. I truly hope I am wrong, but as I look at progress and the financials it seems the dream is losing steam at just the time that it should be accelerating. So sorry

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but as a all-in reservation holder I am tired about hearing about little more than the appearances of the P series or E series at shows. This seems like trivial news after all these years of slow slow progress. Why is it taking soooo long to get some track results about how the car actually drives. The Elio engine has been in a vehicle for over a year now so I think it is time to get handling and driving characteristics of a real car shown and written about! Also, it appears that the progress of making these E series vehicles is WAY slower than advertised, I bet that they are short the cash to complete them in a timely manner and they are dragging their feet since money is shorter than needed to go full speed ahead. Yes, I am losing the idea that the car will ever be made. I know starting a new car company is hard but progress for the last year has been so slow and the balance sheet just published looks soooo bad that I doubt this will ever happen. I truly hope I am wrong, but as I look at progress and the financials it seems the dream is losing steam at just the time that it should be accelerating. So sorry

Florida Guy, I think you're spot on. WHO cares about the trivial aspect about the dash or stereo. This is an offering of a low cost, safe?, fuel efficient? two seater. I do believe that money is number one. I do think there is a good chance of the Elio being produced, but now that they are a publicly traded company and have set Q4 as a production target they are now on the clock. I believe March, April at the latest, is the deadline for Elio to get funding in place. They will need to have it then for any chance to get Q4 production. If they miss the target, Paul will look like a fool as he is now quoted as saying any delay would be weeks and not months.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Somebody mentioned an Elio Motor's SEC filing meeting on Friday last week? If that was the case we should know if the previous road to production schedule milestones were met and where it's headed in 2017 after the new updated SEC filing is posted. I hope it reads better than all the roadblocks listed in the previous filing.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
6 years to design and develop the 2015 Mustang. That was from Ford, an established car company with full support, logistics, and teams working on it. Elio doesn't seem to be losing steam. It seems to be gaining steam, from what I can tell. It seems that both the public and the press are getting more on board with Elio all the time. Elio spent more than a year building the P5 and now, in much less than a year, they've put together the E1a,b,c,d... and will surely have a couple more done, if not all of them by the end of the year. I don't see how going from 1 per year to more than 4 times as many is "losing steam". Keep your head up. Paul Elio is doing something no one has done in over 100 years... build a car company from the ground up without being previously independently wealthy!

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
6 years to design and develop the 2015 Mustang. That was from Ford, an established car company with full support, logistics, and teams working on it. Elio doesn't seem to be losing steam. It seems to be gaining steam, from what I can tell. It seems that both the public and the press are getting more on board with Elio all the time. Elio spent more than a year building the P5 and now, in much less than a year, they've put together the E1a,b,c,d... and will surely have a couple more done, if not all of them by the end of the year. I don't see how going from 1 per year to more than 4 times as many is "losing steam". Keep your head up. Paul Elio is doing something no one has done in over 100 years... build a car company from the ground up without being previously independently wealthy!
Yes, but so is meeting your own goals. Who would not be canned by our boss if we continually missed what we stated to our bosses? I was told by an Elio employee when I saw the P4 that the engineering models would be done over 6 months ago. They clearly are money tight. Hopefully they get the funding they so badly need soon.

Top Bottom