• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Eco Motors - An Elio Suggestion

Think elio should consider offering an ecomotor option?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Us engineers can spot the advantages of this eco motor in a heart beat. It definitely has that "why did not I think of that?" simplicity and a marvel at the poetic dynamic balance and motion that I've never seen before. That said....................Don't obstruct the Elio from max production at the earliest possible moment. As a matter of fact please someone come up with something to incentivize a quicker manufacturing date at no compromise in quality of the Elio.

Last edited:

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Always chasing shiny baubles never gets you to where you are going. I voted no for many of the reasons already expressed.

Once elio is in full production Elio will get feedback from real world experience and actual marketing feedback instead of just looky-lues that might lead to new powertrain choices but for now put it back on the shelf until this one is done.

JimofNC

Reaction score
Agreed. The initial design should just offer one engine. Offering multiple engine choices initially will cause engineering costs to increase and could push out the rollout date. Once production is running smoothly and the Elio has built up a solid foundation of every day use it would make sense to introduce options.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Always look 5 years into the future and try to figure out what will be the best idea and/or plan.
Please remember the elio is basically a kit car built in a garage which is now going to an assembly line and be massed produced.
To those of you who want the P5 to be exactly like the P4 with minor adjustments, too bad.!

My prediction is: (in 15 months) The 2016 elio will be a 3 wheeled, 3 passenger, with a 5 speed, a/c, tinted glass, and cruise and will sell for about $8700..Add about $800 for an automatic...and it will get over 80mpg..and have a 4 star crash rating.
Notice I said a 3 PASSENGER ELIO, with everything else being about the same as the P4-5..in other words. the perfect 2nd car!
Everybody will want one, commuters, college kids, young families, and singles, & old folks.
EVERYBODY WILL WANT ONE! EVERYBODY!

EM can ride this horse for 5 years without making ONE CHANGE..and sell millions world wide...

Trust me, it is already being planned, what in the hell do you think the delay really is...it's a re-tooling to make it a 3 person elio.
Think about a 3 person elio, in your driveway....the perfect vehicle for everybody...Think I am crazy, just wait and see!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Always look 5 years into the future and try to figure out what will be the best idea and/or plan.
Please remember the elio is basically a kit car built in a garage which is now going to an assembly line and be massed produced.
To those of you who want the P5 to be exactly like the P4 with minor adjustments, too bad.!

My prediction is: (in 15 months) The 2016 elio will be a 3 wheeled, 3 passenger, with a 5 speed, a/c, tinted glass, and cruise and will sell for about $8700..Add about $800 for an automatic...and it will get over 80mpg..and have a 4 star crash rating.
Notice I said a 3 PASSENGER ELIO, with everything else being about the same as the P4-5..in other words. the perfect 2nd car!
Everybody will want one, commuters, college kids, young families, and singles, & old folks.

EM can ride this horse for 5 years without making ONE CHANGE..and sell millions world wide...

Trust me, it is already being planned, what in the hell do you think the delay really is...it's a re-tooling to make it a 3 person elio.
Think about a 3 person elio, in your driveway....the perfect vehicle for everybody...Think I am crazy, just wait and see!
I speculate that in five years Elio will decide it's to big and retool to down size to the Minime Elio single passenger Electric Vehicle 700 MPGe with 0 emmissions. Could look something like this:

image.jpg

image.jpg

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do some of you hear the flute playing and even though it will be 7 years before a real elio rolls off the assembly line for the public to buy.........some of you still say "slow and easy".
.The flute is so powerful, you have to follow it, you have to pay the piper, and I do mean PAY the piper..
I have seen it a hundred times, the people walk in, look, drive, get a price and leave..never to be seen again.
they do not hear the flute...and their question will always be there....gosh we would have bought the elio if it had a little more
room for the kids...and a little bigger trunk..
But wait, there's more...
coming soon, in a show room near you...the Elio 3.
Mr. Elio is a wise man and his board is also very wise..
the 3, .it is coming,!
(Mine in primer, auto, a/c cruise, tinted glass and a date with a alsa chrome wrap.)
go, go elio!

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score

OK OK, I'm sold. Where do I sign. But this is the last time I'm changing my mind. 3 people is as far as I go.

Top Bottom