• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Eco Motors - An Elio Suggestion

Think elio should consider offering an ecomotor option?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice "teardrop" shape. Looks like the seats are staggered, tho. I do like the concept...In a few years. :)
Front steer. The staggered seats allow for the space efficient narrow teardrop design. My Elio will be a single seater with the rear seat folded down permanently allowing for maximum cargo space. Maybe the rear seat should be an option. LOL

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why wait??? . A Nice job and again, a 3 person design that can work. Just make it FRONT WHEEL DRIVE !!!! The current elio does have the the widest part at the front doesn't it.. Now I wonder if the areo is better with the current elio or with the tear drop design..
Of course, add a roll bar and you could even do a targa like my old 914. (a really fun car )
Way to go elioites, now we are getting on the " make this better than the original" Remember the old million dollar man, "we have the technology, we can make it better "..
EM has the entire frame, engine and transmissions, and most of the difficult stuff already done, this would just be adding some body panels and a brace or two..
Cost, we all know it is going to be closer to $10 grand than $6800 so "go for it"..and "git er done".

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the ecomoto would make a fine Gen2 option for the Elio. But, and this is important, the ecomotor is a 2-cycle engine. That creates pollution problems and noise issues. The difficulty is getting complete enough combustion. Maybe they can solve this, maybe not.

But the simplicity of the thing, plus its low profile, would make it very, very tempting for a future Elio.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Way to go elioites, now we are getting on the " make this better than the original" Remember the old million dollar man, "we have the technology, we can make it better "..
QUOTE]
6 million dollar man.jpg

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am so excited about the new elios...having been car salesman for over ten years, we always looked forward to the 3 months before introduction 'presentations and drive" of the new models. It was an all day event..and the good salespeople were sent to the events.
...Now please remember, many of the elio board is made up of experienced people who looked to the future and not the past.. The past is the 2010 elios, the P3 and now the 2014 P4.. We all know (well, some of us anyway) the P5 will be different with a new grill and when I heard the back would be modified to give more room, as a person who has been to these b4 the car is introduced to the public, I thought to myself, did they say rear passenger or did the really mean rear passengers. When the 2016 elio rolls off the line in late 2015..we will know...will we be surprised?
I bet there are several 3 people elios diagrams or even a roll cage or two just laying around the Elio office.. Those engineers love to just tinker with the original designs, moving things here and there, adding this or adding that...so when I heard the delay, I knew...a little more rear room, a higher rear room maybe, and omg, a third seat....?????
Why would the engineers NOT take a 5-6 year old design and not tinker and make it better..it is the car business isn't it...Would any of you buy a 2009 mustang?
Even EM has stated in facebook, they know that the public would pay a little more for their elio..and they are ....$300 bucks short right now with 14 months to go. Every part will go up in cost..we all know that..
To those who say make the changes in the second generation, that is passed and gone, two years ago..
Make mine an no paint, just primer, auto, a/c, cruise, tinted glass and room for 3...go, go elio!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am so excited about the new elios...having been car salesman for over ten years, we always looked forward to the 3 months before introduction 'presentations and drive" of the new models. It was an all day event..and the good salespeople were sent to the events.
...Now please remember, many of the elio board is made up of experienced people who looked to the future and not the past.. The past is the 2010 elios, the P3 and now the 2014 P4.. We all know (well, some of us anyway) the P5 will be different with a new grill and when I heard the back would be modified to give more room, as a person who has been to these b4 the car is introduced to the public, I thought to myself, did they say rear passenger or did the really mean rear passengers. When the 2016 elio rolls off the line in late 2015..we will know...will we be surprised?
I bet there are several 3 people elios diagrams or even a roll cage or two just laying around the Elio office.. Those engineers love to just tinker with the original designs, moving things here and there, adding this or adding that...so when I heard the delay, I knew...a little more rear room, a higher rear room maybe, and omg, a third seat....?????
Why would the engineers NOT take a 5-6 year old design and not tinker and make it better..it is the car business isn't it...Would any of you buy a 2009 mustang?
Even EM has stated in facebook, they know that the public would pay a little more for their elio..and they are ....$300 bucks short right now with 14 months to go. Every part will go up in cost..we all know that..
To those who say make the changes in the second generation, that is passed and gone, two years ago..
Make mine an no paint, just primer, auto, a/c, cruise, tinted glass and room for 3...go, go elio!

I think the first production model will be a 2-seater. To change the model and increase the price at this stage would be suicide. How many people would claim fraud? Since they are taking non refundable deposits, I think it would be fraud, or "bait and switch"?
They should "stay the course" and they will succeed. Them improve on the next model.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if there are a 1000 different preproduction models, the first production model to roll of the line is the 1st generation. Do you think that the first iPod to be sold looked and acted exactly like the first prototype Steve Jobs cobbled together?

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Edward, you hit the nail squarely on the head. Have many of you forgotten you bought a number and not an elio???
We have 14 months or more to see the final product roll off the assembly line. I mentioned before, be a salesman and pretend to sell me a two person elio or a 3 person elio...Might be 5-10 mpg less but a 3 person elio will sell world wide better than a 2 person elio.
Oh, stop worrying about the engineering, the cad computers that tell us up to the tenth of a second what the 0-60 time will be or the 5 star crash results will give any engineer worth his salt the info he needs to mock a triple up. You believe the computer now, why not six months from now when a brand new 3 person elio is shown. The board of directs know all of this and paul does also..trust me on that!
Some of you want more storage, or are concerned there is not enough, or room for a backpack or camping equipment or a real over night trip, well the 3 will provide that. just the additional room will make the elio much more comfortable.
Again let the engineers make a new 2016 elio and not a 5 year old model. You wouldn't expect ford or Toyota or Mazda sell you a 5 year old design would you. That areo 3 was almost a perfect passenger interior, look at it again.
My reminder to all of you is the elgin dash instead of the round tach, speedo and oil and electrical gauge are old and easy to read gauges...and they would look great in a knock your socks off, sleek and practical elio 3 person vehicle. I also remind all of you that the cost is going up as I type this, just look at how long the $6800 has been advertised, can they do it...maybe now, but 14 months from now..highly unlikely..
If EM is reading this, do the right thing and make the perfect 2nd car now and not in a few years!
go, go, go elio!
(BTW, EM, thanks for the nice note last week)

Top Bottom