• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Eight years running and now and electric vehicle is their flagship

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think there is any money left to refund.. I requested a refund for my son's widow when he died in a tragic accident. They said they would refund his $1000.00 deposit and then nothing... I tried to contact them several times after they promised to give the refund, its been 2 years and still nothing. Paul most have spent it all....
Paul... if you stumble across this post, please refund this deposit. It would be the right thing to do.

wjdom, I'm sorry for your loss and very disappointed that the deposit wasn't returned to your son's widow. It should have been.

WmPeck1958

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The FUV’s 100 mile range appears to be a winning ticket according to this owner of his recently delivered FUV commuter. Future full enclosure, quick charge, and long range options will be available. A three wheeler motorcycle classed vehicle I.C.E. or EV would be considered an “& vehicle” by most owners, a supplement to their primary vehicle, as marketed by Elio back in the day. The Electric Elio concept could be a serious market contender if Elio had the dedication and a dedicated technical team with the expertise to R&D the concept. I’d prefer to see the BEX develop as an EV. EV’s appear to be where the market is headed, based on soaring gas prices, maintenance cost, and environmental concerns by those that believe in science.

View attachment 25769
thanks Rickb! but "EV’s appear to be where the market is headed" - - - I really don't buy that. It's where the gov't wants to go, but it's actually not possible to replace gas vehichles, from a resource and cost perspective.

It seems to me that "84 MPG" is what would whet people's appetites. Elio had 1,000's+ of people ready to buy ...

WmPeck1958

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I don't think there is any money left to refund.. I requested a refund for my son's widow when he died in a tragic accident. They said they would refund his $1000.00 deposit and then nothing... I tried to contact them several times after they promised to give the refund, its been 2 years and still nothing. Paul most have spent it all....
I'm so sorry about your son!!!! Terrible on the Elio situation.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thanks Rickb! but "EV’s appear to be where the market is headed" - - - I really don't buy that. It's where the gov't wants to go, but it's actually not possible to replace gas vehichles, from a resource and cost perspective.

It seems to me that "84 MPG" is what would whet people's appetites. Elio had 1,000's+ of people ready to buy ...
“It’s where the government wants to go”…….i don’t buy that. BIG auto is choosing to move in that direction based on market demand, “Not possible to replace gas vehicles”…….I personally replaced my gas vehicle a couple years ago after driving gas vehicles for 60 years, No incentives to buy, but rather personal interest, based on performance and handling And total cost of ownership. Not forced to do so by the government. My first long road trip (1200 miles) cost $40 for charges. By comparison I would have burned 60 gallons of gas at about $3/gallon at the time. We are finally getting more affordable evs with adequate range/fast charging options. I’ve driven my ev for 2 years, average cost to drive - $10 per month and the only maintenance during that time has been tire pressure. Looking forward to the fully enclosed Arcimoto FUV (pure electric) as a supplement for around town errands and coffee runs………a blast to drive.

Top Bottom