• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
I seem to find photos of the vehicle without the body. I am still looking.
Thanks BWG.
There's no way that roll bar system fits the artist's rendition of the body. It's got to be temporary.
I'd say they have a way to go before they can "...begin sales next month." like one article says.
They might be able to "begin sales", but I don't think they're going to be delivering a finished product.
Check out the netting on the back deck. Interesting. Other than that, looks good. So far.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
I seem to find photos of the vehicle without the body. I am still looking.
Window glass weighs a substantial amount, with some kind of a super-top, the CG would be low enough, top speed would go up, I'd feel perfectly comfortable driving that in the Diamond lane at 65mph. .. I'd still want FWD however.

SuperKR200.jpg

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
My dilemma is wording like "images are close so we can now start taking reservations for the first years EXPECTED............................120 CARS." Again, no guarantees.

The initial announcement stated that a solo protoype would be ready in November. I like this concept and had some high expectations from a custom car builder.

That $19,888 CAN equates to about $15K US
And that $15K USD can be shaved down to about the cost of an Elio after Federal and State EV incentives! :clap2:

OMG! They took the Solo out to Mission Raceway and put it through it's paces.
They reached a speed of 91+ mph! There is the video of that and some other very interesting eye candy at...

http://electrameccanica.com/image-gallery/

These people are not messing around.

Coss

Staff member
And that $15K USD can be shaved down to about the cost of an Elio after Federal and State EV incentives! :clap2:

OMG! They took the Solo out to Mission Raceway and put it through it's paces.
They reached a speed of 91+ mph! There is the video of that and some other very interesting eye candy at...

http://electrameccanica.com/image-gallery/

These people are not messing around.
Just an FYI; did you notice the date when Rickb said that? 2015

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Just an FYI; did you notice the date when Rickb said that? 2015
Yep. I just couldn't sit on the knowledge that the Federal and State EV incentives...
Could possibly bring the U.S. price of the Solo down into the Elio range though.
Did you check out the videos of the solo at highway speeds (and beyond) at that link?
91.14mph. Wow! I'm cautiously impressed.

But... Then again... There's no option for yello'. Yet.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Yep. I just couldn't sit on the knowledge that the Federal and State EV incentives...
Could possibly bring the U.S. price of the Solo down into the Elio range though.
Did you check out the videos of the solo at highway speeds (and beyond) at that link?
91.14mph. Wow! I'm cautiously impressed.

But... Then again... There's no option for yello'. Yet.
These guys are serious car builders. The test track speed was at a 70% performance level according to Kroll they didn't want to push the Solo prototype to it's limits at this point in the test runs.
image.jpeg

The max motorcycle incentive, as I recall is $2500, putting the Solo at about $12,500.......not bad for a fun sweet little commuter EV with AC as the only upgrade option. There seems to be a shade of yellow (gold) on this color chart:
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Those may be options that they will offer sometime in the future, but...
Their site is only showing white, black, red and silver as as available colors at this time.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Those may be options that they will offer sometime in the future, but...
Their site is only showing white, black, red and silver as as available colors at this time.
The 120 limited edition Solo alphas are limited to the 4 colors, but beyond that endless opportunities. They stated the scheduled production numbers to run 10 Solo's per month on those first 120 Alpha's.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
The 120 limited edition Solo alphas are limited to the 4 colors, but beyond that endless opportunities. They stated the scheduled production numbers to run 10 Solo's per month on those first 120 Alpha's.
They already have 135 private reservations for the alpha series and they are extending available private alpha reservations to 1000.
They also have stated that they have 20,000+ commercial fleet reservations and another 80,000 fleet reservations pending.
There are some Canadian fleet reservations, but most of the fleet reservations are are from overseas customers.

Oh... One more thing.
To the best of my knowledge, no fenders fell off of the vehicle during testing.
At least not on camera anyway.

Last edited: