• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If well taken care of (especially if garaged) $6k is a fair price for a 70k mile 2006. Around here, for $4k you are looking at salvage titles, or beat up examples way over 100k miles.

Starting in 2008 (like mine) the driver's seat has height adjustment and can go up about an extra inch. And 2009+ have revised engine internals for the manual versions which includes forged internals and stiffer valve springs. Not necessarily something most people need but worth taking into account if you plan on taking her to the track or going turbo.

FWIW I lowered mine 2" with coilovers. She handles like a dream but my wife hates trying to get out of it :D
This one is mint condish in red which is not my preferred color as I drive a little faster than most and don't need the hassle of a speeding ticket!:nono:

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://www.ibtimes.com/tesla-compe...ock-soars-builds-3-wheel-electric-car-2777887

And I quote "It got a big boost last February when Bloomberg Intelligence sent a note saying investors are excited about Electra Meccanica since Solo is a car people might need in addition to their regular cars. That nudge sent the company’s shares skyrocketing more than 220 percent on Feb. 13. Shares rose by 54 percent on Feb. 14."
Really good news for Electra Meccanica.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Second generation of Vancouver-designed electric vehicle to be on market by September

"We are alerting people right now about the impending delivery of cars. September we will ramp up to hundreds per month and then we will sell and lease the cars to the public. The target is 75,000 cars over the next three years."

DAVID CARRIGG
Updated: March 21, 2019

The Vancouver-based company behind the electric three-wheel auto called the Solo plans to be selling the second generation of the model by September.

Lorenzo Caprilli, senior vice-president of sales for Electra Meccanica, said the Solo 2.0 has power steering, power brakes and air conditioning and was being manufactured by a Chinese partner.

Two of the Solo 2.0 one-person vehicles were on display at the Vancouver International Auto Show on Wednesday.

Caprilli said six Solo 2.0 vehicles had been delivered to North America so far, and that would go to 20 a month starting in April. The vehicles were being delivered to the Port of Los Angeles, which is the centre of the company’s primary market.

“We are alerting people right now about the impending delivery of cars,” Caprilli said. “September we will ramp up to hundreds per month and then we will sell and lease the cars to the public. The target is 75,000 cars over the next three years.”

903628016.jpg

Showgoers check out an Electra Meccanica Solo at CES 2018 earlier this week in Las Vegas. SUBMITTED /PNG

In the U.S. the Solo is classified as an electric motorcycle. It can be legally driven in British Columbia, but not in the rest of Canada yet.

Caprilli said all Solo 2.0 vehicles being delivered were being tested, so that they could be perfect before general release in September.

Electra Meccanica has built 50 Solo vehicles at its New Westminster facility and some of those are in circulation.

The Chinese manufacturer also makes motorcycles and has a building dedicated to the Solo.

Caprilli said the U.S. was the company’s key market.

“In the U.S. it’s smooth sailing. We are just waiting for the cars to fill the orders.”

Electra Meccanica is a publicly-listed company whose share price has varied wildly since listing in 2015. On Wednesday, the share price jumped 33 per cent to $4.57 a share. In Oct. 2017 the shares peaked at $14.90 and in Feb. 2019 were at their lowest price of $1.22.

RELATED
At this rate, it's very possible to get my SOLO 2.0 (#599) by end of this year! :whoo:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Mar. 11, 2019 —Electra Meccanica Vehicles Corp. (NASDAQ: SOLO) (“Electra Meccanica” or the “Company”), a designer and manufacturer of electric vehicles, today appointed Joanne Yan to the Electra Meccanica Board of Directors. Ms. Yan replaces Dr. Robert Tarzwell who has resigned as a Director of the Company. “Dr. Tarzwell joined our Company’s Board of Directors in 2015. He has been an active and valued director who has made a significant contribution” stated Jerry Kroll, CEO.

Ms. Yan brings 25-years of experience in advising and managing both publicly traded and private companies. She serves as the President of Joyco Consulting Services, which she founded in 1994 to provide consulting services in the areas of corporate structuring, business development and strategic planning initiatives.

Ms. Yan has served on the Board of Directors of several public and private companies, including the Zongshen Industrial Group, Electra Meccanica’s strategic manufacturing partner. Recently, she led a transaction that enabled a Chinese company to acquire a 49% interest in Harbour Air, the largest sea plane operator in North America.

“We are fortunate to have Joanne Yan join our Board of Directors,” said Steven Sanders, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Electra Meccanica. “Ms. Yan is a strategic decision maker and investorwith extensive business development experience. Her activities in the cross-border investment and M&A space, including the significant role she has played in our relationship with Zongshen and others, make Ms. Yanan ideal fit for our Board of Directors. I look forward to her contributions during this exciting time for Electra Meccanica.”

“Ms. Yan’s appointment to the Electra Meccanica Board of Directors is a testament to the strength of the relationship between Electra Meccanica and our manufacturing partner, the Zongshen Industrial Group,” said Jack Austin, Independent Director on Electra Meccanica’s Board of Directors.

“I am very pleased to accept my appointment to the Electra Meccanica Board of Directors,” said Joanne Yan. “I look forward to working closely with the board of directors particularly at this exciting time in the Company’s development as it initiates deliveries of the SOLO EV to customers in 2019.”
EMV making all the right moves getting the right person for the job to get things rolling this year! And with her connection to their strategic partner Zongshen they just wanna make sure all things goes smoothly.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’m eager to hear your 3wheelin test drive review!
It'll be a totally different driving experience than the older SOLO they're currently using for test drives as the new 2.0 has power steering, power brakes and has A/C! Just waiting for the "alert" to complete my order and I'm a happy camper! IMHO it's worth the 15.5K for my "fully enclosed motorcycle/car". When I get the call to come in to complete the paperworks, I'll test drive it before signing anything but it's a bargain for the price so heck I'll get the key and just take it home! Lol

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It'll be a totally different driving experience than the older SOLO they're currently using for test drives as the new 2.0 has power steering, power brakes and has A/C! Just waiting for the "alert" to complete my order and I'm a happy camper! IMHO it's worth the 15.5K for my "fully enclosed motorcycle/car". When I get the call to come in to complete the paperworks, I'll test drive it before signing anything but it's a bargain for the price so heck I'll get the key and just take it home! Lol
The last time I got this excited is when I made a non-refundable 1K deposit for an ELIO and yes, the SOLO will never match ELIO's 84mpg or 600+ miles between fill-ups but none of it is real but the SOLO 2.0 is!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The last time I got this excited is when I made a non-refundable 1K deposit for an ELIO and yes, the SOLO will never match ELIO's 84mpg or 600+ miles between fill-ups but none of it is real but the SOLO 2.0 is!
Excited? I couldn’t tell because this 88B9D227-0CE7-400C-BD2A-38CB836A6B6C.gif keeps getting in the way! :) Our three wheelein experience keeps getting closer and closer!

Top Bottom