• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's true of the Solo as well, for now. And the payback period for that is over 15 years when compared to my current truck (21 mpg).

I'm not really knocking the concept. I really do like the Solo (and the Arcimoto), but the cost right now is just a bit too high to pay itself back quickly enough. Although, I fully expect the cost of batteries to change that equation in 5 years or less.
Definitely nothing wrong with your opinion. Trust me,I wouldn't mind going for the Nissan Leaf w/ 107 MPGe(my wife loves it) or the new Chevy Bolt w/ 237 MPGe (I'm loving it) which was already verified by Car & Driver! But again, we already have the "other" cars so the 2 "and" ELIO's (I'll cancel my other $100. refundable once the SOLO passed all compliance).
Owning a unique ride like the ELIO, SOLO or ARCIMOTO with prices still within reach of average car buyer
A preview glimpse of the first Solo Store being set up for tomorrow's Solo Store Ribbon Cutting. The Red Hot Solo is appropriate for Valentines Day in a first class showroom space located in a high traffic mall location. It sounds like Seattle will be the home to the first USA Solo Store sometime down the road.

View attachment 21305
Rickb, how wide is the Solo again up front? Or which small car can you compare it with....the Smart maybe or wider?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Definitely nothing wrong with your opinion. Trust me,I wouldn't mind going for the Nissan Leaf w/ 107 MPGe(my wife loves it) or the new Chevy Bolt w/ 237 MPGe (I'm loving it) which was already verified by Car & Driver! But again, we already have the "other" cars so the 2 "and" ELIO's (I'll cancel my other $100. refundable once the SOLO passed all compliance).
Owning a unique ride like the ELIO, SOLO or ARCIMOTO with prices still within reach of average car buyer

Rickb, how wide is the Solo again up front? Or which small car can you compare it with....the Smart maybe or wider?

Solo:
IMG_6564.jpg
IMG_6565.jpg

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Trust me, I wouldn't mind going for the Nissan Leaf w/ 107 MPGe(my wife loves it) or the new Chevy Bolt w/ 237 MPGe (I'm loving it) which was already verified by Car & Driver!
The 2017 Leaf has an "Up to" 107 mile range and a 112 MPGe efficiency.
http://www.greencarreports.com/news...pecs-all-30-kwh-batteries-otherwise-unchanged
The 2017 Bolt has an estimated range of 238 miles and a 119 MPGe (EPA City/Hwy/Combined)
http://autoweek.com/article/drive-reviews/whatever-else-it-might-be-chevrolet-bolt-landmark

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Red Hot Solo is appropriate for Valentines Day in a first class showroom space located in a high traffic mall location.
Electra Meccanica on Facebook...
"The perfect match: Vancouver's Bentall Centre and the SOLO EV.
Join us tomorrow anytime between 9AM - 5PM to celebrate the grand opening of our new SOLO Store!"

solostore4.jpg

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Elio Amazed for sharing this! I'm impressed. Their store may not reach as much potential buyers as how EM is doing with their nationwide shows but EM (Electra Meccanica- It's a real coincidence that both startups have the same initials "EM"- are we sure they're not....I'm not even gonna go there :D) is not starting as big and now leading the way with this store, they're not just a website anymore and the SOLO is available for a test drive, that's a very important consideration. I can't wait for their next big event which is the handing of the keys to the first owners! On a side note, are they open to the idea of an ICE version??? Maybe they could buy their 3 cyl. engines from EM (Elio Motors). Exciting times ahead- go 3wheelin!:D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Elio Amazed for sharing this! I'm impressed. Their store may not reach as much potential buyers as how EM is doing with their nationwide shows but EM (Electra Meccanica- It's a real coincidence that both startups have the same initials "EM"- are we sure they're not....I'm not even gonna go there :D) is not starting as big and now leading the way with this store, they're not just a website anymore and the SOLO is available for a test drive, that's a very important consideration. I can't wait for their next big event which is the handing of the keys to the first owners! On a side note, are they open to the idea of an ICE version??? Maybe they could buy their 3 cyl. engines from EM (Elio Motors). Exciting times ahead- go 3wheelin!:D
The Solo Store opening is a huge EMV milestone event. However, still no test drives (perhaps we will see the test drive schedule after compliance certification) and EMV will not manufacture an ICE Solo. Prior to developing the Solo EV the CEO was involved in a business that developed electric drive trains for race cars. He is pro electric. Exciting times for three wheeler enthusiasts both electric and ICE options indeed!

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Solo Store opening is a huge EMV milestone event. However, still no test drives (perhaps we will see the test drive schedule after compliance certification) and EMV will not manufacture an ICE Solo. Prior to developing the Solo EV the CEO was involved in a business that developed electric drive trains for race cars. He is pro electric. Exciting times for three wheeler enthusiasts both electric and ICE options indeed!
That's for the correction Rickb. And ditto on your enthusiasm.

Top Bottom