• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cheaper solution for emergencies here :D
And I'm sTuck with the 10,000 watt generator myself. It's enough to run the AC at the 1.9 ton cycle, but will trip when is boosts to the 4 ton cycle. Fortunately, that doesn't happen often.
It runs on NG or gasoline. So I guess I'm only half prepped.

<edit> spelling error corrected

Last edited by a moderator:

DJL

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Haven't been in Rush since I used to march in your fireman's parades as a member of Fishers VFD.
I work in Fishers and am optimistic I'll be making the daily commute from Rush to Fishers in my Elio next year! The Rush Carnival/Parade is coming up soon. Feel free to come back & relive those memories :)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I would look at the Meccanica this way. It's a lot like the Sparrow, best for city street driving, at urban speeds, just $6k less, and at that price point, marketing is (at best) likely to be a lot like the early Smartcar in the US. The max US sales for smart was 15k units? And Sparrow sales were in the hundreds or less?

So this can't really take much bite out of Elio.

That was the vehicle package view, then there is the current EV political view. In the current EV market sales may well go higher, but the EV market is not related very directly to the Elio customer base, so I'd still say little impact.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll bite along with many others on the first three wheeler that makes it to market. The first 3 wheeler concept vehicle that makes it to market (Elio, SRK, or Solo) will be the one proving there is a market for a three wheeler commuter or NOT, regardless of the drive train option. EV's and ICE commuters are not competitors, but rather appeal to different market demographics. The only similarity is that they are all three wheel commuters. Will the urban and suburban driving public adopt and wrap their arms around the new three wheeler platform commuter?

I question the widespread driving public's acceptance of a freeway speed three wheeler commuter based on safety issues. Perhaps Canadian drivers will be more inclined to purchase the former USA made Corbin Sparrow repackaged as the all new ElectraMeccanica Solo as Mike Corbin reveals his all new made in the USA Sparrow 2 on July 4th.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this on the web?
solo1.JPG

skychief

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have now! :D

It costs twice as much as the Elio, and carries half as many people. And lets be honest. The Elio is waaaaaaaaay cooler! This thing reminds me of the Corbin Sparrow.

In a nutshell, heres the numbers for the SOLO:

• Single-seat, 3 wheel reverse-trike
• expected to retail for about $19,888 CAD (~ $15,359 USD)
• estimated driving range of 125 miles between charges.
• 8.64 kW/h lithium-ion battery
• rear electric motor that is said to deliver up to 82hp
• top speed of 120 kmh (~75mph)
• weight 450 kg (992 lb)
• modest cargo area " able to fit several bags of groceries"

http://www.treehugger.com/cars/solo-single-passenger-electric-three-wheeler-slated-july-launch.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom