• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm, Not a steel panel body, no steel unibody, NO airbags, no oil changes, no extra $1050 for an automatic tranny, no waiting for the coolant to heat then turn on the defrost, the only apparent downside - it's twice the $ of an Elio - and there's NO green (or yellow!) I may throw $250 their way and see if it sticks. Whichever EM (Elio Motors or Electra Meccanica) can put a new vehicle in my garage 1st - may just win the autocycle lottery in my house! My daily work commute +3 miles (round trip) - so that's basically charging it up every three weeks - give or take. Hmmmmmm.......

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm, Not a steel panel body, no steel unibody, NO airbags, no oil changes, no extra $1050 for an automatic tranny, no waiting for the coolant to heat then turn on the defrost, the only apparent downside - it's twice the $ of an Elio - and there's NO green (or yellow!) I may throw $250 their way and see if it sticks. Whichever EM (Elio Motors or Electra Meccanica) can put a new vehicle in my garage 1st - may just win the autocycle lottery in my house! My daily work commute +3 miles (round trip) - so that's basically charging it up every three weeks - give or take. Hmmmmmm.......
That's what I thought too. The Solo EV Commuter at $15,250 US less the $2500 electric motorcycle incentive is a good value. My reservation is refundable.......and the ElectraM Team is currently assembling 9 Signature Series Solos. It looks like a go for 'my confirmed' April 2017 delivery date.

There is a $1000 CAD or $750 USD AC Option.

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's what I thought too. The Solo EV Commuter at $15,250 US less the $2500 electric motorcycle incentive is a good value. My reservation is refundable.......'my confirmed' April 2017 delivery date.
There is a $750 US AC Option.
Hmm...Electra sounds like a typical low production proposition...twice the price for half the value! We've ALL seen this before...not the 21st century's American people's car..I mean autocycle!!! Go Elio Motors!!!
PS...the $2500 incentive will end... probably just before April 2017!

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmm...Electra sounds like a typical low production proposition...twice the price for half the value! We've ALL seen this before...not the 21st century's American people's car..I mean autocycle!!! Go Elio Motors!!!
PS...the $2500 incentive will end... probably just before April 2017!
The good news is the Solo is currently being tested and assembled. According to Jerry Kroll, CEO, ElectraM has 80,000 worldwide reservations, so it has the potential for mass production. Value is personal and my experience is you get what you pay for. We really don't know the Elio's final MSRP and EM states there is no guarantee they can deliver a vehicle. I have a confirmed April 2017 Solo delivery date. I hope you get your Elio delivery confirmation soon. The Solo will be some of the people's car and the Elio some of the other people's car........both people's cars. I could care less about the electric motorcycle incentive extension.

I had a strong preference for the USA manufactured Elio since 2008 (8+ years) and frankly thought I would have purchased my second Elio by now, but my reality is I still have no opportunity for a test drive. It's puzzling and disappointing for me. It looks like I'll have to settle on driving the Solo or SRK until the Elio Stores open for business in 2017-18. They are not competing for the same market share, but rather share a three wheel platform. "Go three wheels!" (Paul Elio Quote)

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember the Yugo...80,000 reservations as a % of 7 billion people worldwide for Electra's versus 61,000 reservations out of 300 million in the USA only...and a few Canadian. You can do the math...a much stronger foundation...good night and Go Elio...there IS only one previous people's car...the last centuries (20th I believe) VW Bug...the USA and Elio's turn... just watch and see... seeing is believing!

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My first car was a 1959 VW Bug and 4 other VW's followed that '59. I know a people's car when I see one. I hope you are right about the Elio and you are driving your Elio soon. However, I support and wish all the new three wheeler startups success. The USA Elio Motor's and Arcimoto, as well as the Canadian Electra Meccanica.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The main problem with the Solo is that the incentives available are still too fuzzy. With current state and federal rebates, the Solo would be about the same price as the Elio, but without an official 'autocycle' designation in the US, the federal rebate does not apply, and my state will not honor it either. This may change in the near future (mostly due to Elio), but until then the price differential is too high. That said I will take whichever one fits my budget at the time, and with Solo in production, they may get there first.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The main problem with the Solo is that the incentives available are still too fuzzy. With current state and federal rebates, the Solo would be about the same price as the Elio, but without an official 'autocycle' designation in the US, the federal rebate does not apply, and my state will not honor it either. This may change in the near future (mostly due to Elio), but until then the price differential is too high. That said I will take whichever one fits my budget at the time, and with Solo in production, they may get there first.

I'm not sure by what you mean re: federal incentives. It is legally a motorcycle, and thus qualifies for the Electric Motorcycle incentive (up to $2500 rebate, based on battery capacity).

Top Bottom