• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why can't they offer sour apple ? Maybe call it electric green ?
Holy Crap! Testing, Testing! The Solo R's slalom run looked solid and stabile. Braking.......stopped on a dime. Three wheels a turnin!

Future Color options, endless opportunities:
IMG_6046.jpg

Elio Amazed, I couldn't restrain myself! :)

Last edited:

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has the Elio been run like the Solo? I dare say it does look better and will be a beautiful, custom machine to own.
Stilling waiting for my ELio.....

luckylu15

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes heat and ac will reduce range. I think of the solo and elio as a motorcycle replacement for thousands less than a motorcycle...
use it for spirited rides down country roads...
I was told A/C will reduce range 10% that's 90 miles instead of 100. That's fine for me as my daily commute is about 5 miles and if I visit my kids about 60 miles round trip and I could always recharge while there. I don't see the Solo as the long distance car but as a second commuter car it should work for almost everybody and better batteries are in the future! I still would love both and I have a spot in line if they ever make the Sondors.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I live in North CA Central Valley. Our summers get really hot, but it is a dry heat.
I thought about how many times I turn on the A/C, probably 10 times a year.
As long as I can park in the shade, I really do not need A/C.
I had four 4 wheel vehicles that did not have A/C and survived.
Will probably not get the option, as the main reason would be for resale and do not plan on that.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was told A/C will reduce range 10% that's 90 miles instead of 100. That's fine for me as my daily commute is about 5 miles and if I visit my kids about 60 miles round trip and I could always recharge while there. I don't see the Solo as the long distance car but as a second commuter car it should work for almost everybody and better batteries are in the future! I still would love both and I have a spot in line if they ever make the Sondors.
I won't deal with range anxiety when I get my SOLO. This will be riding with me at all times! :D:D
generator.jpg

Top Bottom