• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electric 2024 Chevy Blazer

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I doubt you would be traveling on snow packed roads in high wind, and subzero temps with a 1/4 tank of gas.
I did a lot of stupid things in my youth. I do remember not being able to make it home (from work) one night and staying at motel. The roads became impassable (even with snow chains on my car), the ICE was not the problem... it was traction.

And yes, you are correct I would never leave the house (with a snow storm predicted) with a 1/4 tank of gas.

Perhaps some of the individuals (in the news story) do not have garages in which to park and charge their EV's.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are in the minority then.
You are probably correct. Until I came along, my girlfriend treated her car like "an appliance". When I showed her the maintenance schedule in her owners manual, she stated she never knew that was in there.

I was able to "catch up" on all her car's maintenance and save it from an early death. I have also taught her when that little yellow "check engine light" comes on... to immediately tell me, so I scan the computer and fix the issue/problem. In the past, she ignored it.

My grandfather was an "old school" farmer who kept his vehicles and equipment well maintained out of necessity. He taught my father the importance of preventive maintenance, who in turn taught me.

Top Bottom