• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electric Elio May Be Closer Than You Think. Or Not.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
why not put that technology in a more spacious vehicle? Just my personal opinion.
The inline 2 people arrangement is an essential parameter to achieve Elio's phenomenal performance. So why the discussion?
More space negates the whole reason for Elio. The closest answer to your thinking is a Fiat 500 for $20k plus higher maintenance cost and have to buy all your parts from over seas. LOL I guess there are those that are not concerned with economy of operation. When you find one let me know. If they are on this site they are surely lost. PS there are some here still talking about the Volt maybe you can catch up with them. Neither are relevant to the Elio concept.
The elio will be cheap enough to be the "other car" for those who spend much of their time driving a lone. I'm most compassionate that the Elio can become the savior for those who are just trying to hold a family together with a job.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really, Folks? I'm talking about a car, you're the one who goes on about politics, and I'm the one who' seeing political?

If you must know, the car was $17K. Leather seats. Nav. Upgraded stereo. 35K miles.

That sounds like a real good deal. If there happened to be someone interested in your point, I would think it appropriate to include some figures. The facts I presented to you were not political and not my opinion. Anything that is about true valuation is strictly for a business purposes. That the Government sees fit to interfere with free enterprise aught to set bells off as no longer evaluable as a business. Companies that earn their own way like Ford and Elio are far more valuable and accountable to the customer. That companies are controlled by the state accounts for tremendous lapses in quality and accountability. Communists are most famous for this and also most famous for burying their mistakes to remedy problems. LOL

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The inline 2 people arrangement is an essential parameter to achieve Elio's phenomenal performance. So why the discussion?
More space negates the whole reason for Elio. The closest answer to your thinking is a Fiat 500 for $20k plus higher maintenance cost and have to buy all your parts from over seas. LOL I guess there are those that are not concerned with economy of operation. When you find one let me know. If they are on this site they are surely lost. PS there are some here still talking about the Volt maybe you can catch up with them. Neither are relevant to the Elio concept.
The elio will be cheap enough to be the "other car" for those who spend much of their time driving a lone. I'm most compassionate that the Elio can become the savior for those who are just trying to hold a family together with a job.
You need to read the post you are replying to before typing. Where in my post did you think I was in favor of an e elio?

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry eddie. I thought you were stuttering. e e e elio. LOL
All good. I got to sit in my Elio today at the mall in Jacksonville. Loved it. It was everything I expected. I talked to Jerome for a little bit. Really nice guy. Sorry, I forgot my camera, so I didn't take any pictures, but I snapped a couple for another guy who was in line in front of me. Hopefully he will post his. I got there about 9:30 AM and there were only two people in line when I got there. Can't wait to drive my own this time next year.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All good. I got to sit in my Elio today at the mall in Jacksonville. Loved it. It was everything I expected. I talked to Jerome for a little bit. Really nice guy. Sorry, I forgot my camera, so I didn't take any pictures, but I snapped a couple for another guy who was in line in front of me. Hopefully he will post his. I got there about 9:30 AM and there were only two people in line when I got there. Can't wait to drive my own this time next year.
I too thought Jerome very nice to come right up and start a conversation In Birmingham. Met his wife and his child too. Super cool that the engine mock-up was a 3D print out. I posed him the question; My wife, 160, and my weight, 283, at a total of 440 lbs might not leave too much room for anything extra? His answer was; all the suspension, frame and everything are for a full sized cars and should hold plenty more. I've searched here for Elio total payload but have not seen it listed anywhere. I think it was 500 lbs which means maybe 60 lbs for luggage. But then again I'm liking what Jerome said better. LOL

Puna bob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I am in a unique situation here in Hawaii,
I loved the idea of an all electric car when I lived in California but since I retired in Hawaii a couple years ago I realized a couple things.
Gas here is expensive today it's 3.85/gal for regular but electricity is astronomical at 4 times the national average. $300 /mo. electric bills are common so for me it makes more economical sense to use gas rather than electricity. There is a monopoly here for electricity so they decide how many PV systems to allow on their grid and most are on hold now. you can go off grid with your own bank of batteries but it's a larger investment than most are willing to make.

Top Bottom