• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electric Sondor

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the price also jumped to $16.5K a couple of weeks ago too.

People keep saying that, but the 200 mile version was always said to be around $16,000. With the 75 mile version at $10k and 150 mile version at $13k. They have not yet announced if they are not planning on the lower mile versions yet. When they do that, then people can cry "FOUL!".

My assumption is that they will only allow the high mile version to join the Sondors Network (ridesharing), but that whole endeavor smells like a huge fail to me.

Can I still buy a Sondors three wheeler and NOT join the network? Can I still get a 150 mile version instead? Is the prototype finally FWD? Is the prototype still in Italy even though the latest schedule has test drives starting "this summer"? No news or updates on any of those questions, all of which have been asked recently.

FWIW, I did buy in on their IPO, just like I did with Elio, but reserved neither. Sondors has wildly missed their timelines and has lately ceased public communication. Sounds really familiar... :(

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When you get as tired of waiting for the Elio as I have you might like to Google Sondor Motors a a
nd take a peek at the proposed All-Electric Sondor which is supposed to make its appearance in 2020, cost about $10,000 and actually looks a whole lot nicer that the Elio.
If you're tired of waiting for Elio, why on Earth would you sign up to wait for another 3-wheeler still not in production? The logical route for someone tired of waiting is to buy a vehicle that exists.
Elio - No prototype that met advertised specs. No production or pre-production units sold to customers.
Sondors - No prototype that met advertised specs. No production or pre-production units sold to customers.
ElectraMeccanica (Meccanica) - Multiple prototypes - approximating advertised specs, but no outside confirmation. A handful of pre-production units delivered.
Arcimoto - Multiple iterative prototypes - approximating advertised specs. A handful of pre-production units delivered. Prototypes still being promised "soon".

Both Elio and Sondors faded dramatically after big fund-raising pushes. No evidence of progress on either front.
Both Arcimoto and Meccanica have regularly missed promises and deadlines, but both are seemingly still working on production. Arcimoto seems to be the more adaptive of the two companies. They've made a lot of mistakes, but they seem to recognize the mistakes and make changes.

Polaris, CanAm, and Vanderhall actually have three-wheelers on the market if a buyer has the inclination and the money. Yamaha has a 3-wheel leaning motorcycle as well.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You do realize that Elio has turned all of the three wheeler fans into cynics. Elio will be what everyone references when there's a three or four wheeled startup that wants your money.

Paul needs to surface and do some explaining. I’m a bit surprised the Shreveport news media and/or that ‘Board’ aren’t rattling and sniping. They need to publicly ‘ask for comment.’

This website is the one single group I see that is still milling around, everyone else has given up.

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You do realize that Elio has turned all of the three wheeler fans into cynics. Elio will be what everyone references when there's a three or four wheeled startup that wants your money.
There are a few companies that have left a permanent reference mark on the industry. Elio is one of them.

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
People keep saying that, but the 200 mile version was always said to be around $16,000. With the 75 mile version at $10k and 150 mile version at $13k. They have not yet announced if they are not planning on the lower mile versions yet. When they do that, then people can cry "FOUL!".

My assumption is that they will only allow the high mile version to join the Sondors Network (ridesharing), but that whole endeavor smells like a huge fail to me.

Can I still buy a Sondors three wheeler and NOT join the network? Can I still get a 150 mile version instead? Is the prototype finally FWD? Is the prototype still in Italy even though the latest schedule has test drives starting "this summer"? No news or updates on any of those questions, all of which have been asked recently.

FWIW, I did buy in on their IPO, just like I did with Elio, but reserved neither. Sondors has wildly missed their timelines and has lately ceased public communication. Sounds really familiar... :(
It's not always necessary to wait for the fire trucks to arrive to recognize that a house is on fire. Sondors did okay with bicycles, but he's way over his head with the car/trike/autocycle. He spent ~$1M on a pretty, but mostly non-functional (25mph) prototype. No progress after his next round of fund-raising.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul needs to surface and do some explaining. I’m a bit surprised the Shreveport news media and/or that ‘Board’ aren’t rattling and sniping. They need to publicly ‘ask for comment.’

This website is the one single group I see that is still milling around, everyone else has given up.
Honestly, the ball is in Paul's court. I have never seen a company succeed that takes the general public's money and then goes silent, ends up being a good thing. Paul was everyone's best friend and the company was to be transparent when it came to their operations. That all came to a standstill when the money ran out and thus the guise of the SEC gag order was the reason until anyone did 5 minutes of research. It's like a love affair. Meet someone and you are the #1 thing in their life. Then all of a sudden they just evaporate off the face of the earth when it comes to you. Then you have two choices, wait around or go on. Some wait around but most go on. I'm afraid with the SEC transparency order not being met, many are walking away.

Again, 10 minutes of Paul's time can fix 80% of this. it behooves me why someone could just do one simple fix. I know from my experience, I've had to man up and face the fire. After i did, I felt much better and it cleared my head. All of a sudden I had drive and realized that i needed to turn it around. Then it happened. Paul is so close to success but hiding away is just going to lead him to failure. Not only in business but in health. Last thing we need is a health problem because if he goes, Elio is done. Nobody left to take over the company. What is more important, we don't want any health issues. I'm worried that Paul could be leading down that path.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually I think I have a reservation on a Sondors as well. Been so long I don't remember now, between Elio and Electramechannica, and Sondors I figured someone might make it, even if it wasn't exactly what I wanted, it would be a start. Alas, no starts yet.

Ha! just found it, dated March 2018, better file that somewhere I guess.
I have a deposit and reservation on the Sondors as well Hog.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a couple of the startups made it. The EMV SOLO & Arcimoto FUV:
View attachment 23556
Rick, "made it" to me is a production-line Evergreen or a Chinese production-line Solo sitting in your driveway.
That and substantial numbers rolling off the lines at least five days a week.
Plus having the company in the black.
Although they look to be decades ahead of the Elio, neither of those startups are in what anyone would call full production yet.
Arcimoto can't even begin limited production because it's still mired in the NHTSA certification process.
Some news: Jerry stepped down from his CEO position with Meccanica.
Mark has just released a long awaited email update.

Both of their dogs are still in the fight and looking exceptional...
But the fight is still underway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom