• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electric Sondor

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just seen that. Plus some are trying to get their deposits back and can’t. Sound like it’s a scam. Luckily I didn’t invest in that car. $16,500 for 75 mile range in sunny CA or 50 miles here in the NE. Forget it. Elio is half the price and way more range.
Yep. While those Sondors deposits were only $100, they were touted as being refundable. Minus the $3.30 processing fee

Last edited:

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is all I ever got from them, never another word. and I (only) lose $3.30 (ha).... i will have to pursue a refund for giggles...

Your order has been received and is now being processed. Your order details are shown below for your reference
Order 1714SGVQBQUExxxxxxxxxxxxx
Product

Total
Subtotal:

$100.00

Non-refundable Transaction Fee:
$3.30

Payment Method:
Online Payment

Total:
$103.30

SONDORS EV Preorder x1
$100.00

Additional Orders
Customer Details

· Email address: hogxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

· Phone: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul needs to surface and do some explaining. I’m a bit surprised the Shreveport news media and/or that ‘Board’ aren’t rattling and sniping. They need to publicly ‘ask for comment.’

This website is the one single group I see that is still milling around, everyone else has given up.
Those politicians would probably rather the public forget all about Elio. I'm sure they don't want to jump up and yell "Hey, tax payers, check out my failure!"

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rick, "made it" to me is a production-line Evergreen or a Chinese production-line Solo sitting in your driveway.
That and substantial numbers rolling off the lines at least five days a week.
Plus having the company in the black.
Although they look to be decades ahead of the Elio, neither of those startups are in what anyone would call full production yet.
Arcimoto can't even begin limited production because it's still mired in the NHTSA certification process.
Some news: Jerry stepped down from his CEO position with Meccanica.
Mark has just released a long awaited email update.

Both of their dogs are still in the fight and looking exceptional...
But the fight is still underway.
By your definition, I hope Tesla "makes it" some day.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rick, "made it" to me is a production-line Evergreen or a Chinese production-line Solo sitting in your driveway.
Although they look to be decades ahead of the Elio, neither of those startups are in what anyone would call full production yet.
Arcimoto can't even begin limited production because it's still mired in the NHTSA certification process.

Dale, To clarify, my “made it” refers to milestones met in getting to the production start line. Based on my FUV test drive to determine fit, finish, performance & handling, driver comfort, the AMP tour, email discussion with Sig Series and Beta Owners, and meeting the dedicated group of A Team Members in person, I had enough confidence in their ability to deliver Summer 2019, to place a non-refundable deposit on Evergreen Edition #19. Still waiting for the Elio test drive, Chip Stempeck promised me on the Fly The Road Forum, back in 2010. :) Arcimoto’s or EMV’s future success can only be determined by public and private fleet sales acceptance of a three wheeler commuter/delivery vehicle. I think their future is bright and will pave the way for other three wheelers to expand the market.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dale, To clarify, my “made it” refers to milestones met in getting to the production start line. Based on my FUV test drive to determine fit, finish, performance & handling, driver comfort, the AMP tour, email discussion with Sig Series and Beta Owners, and meeting the dedicated group of A Team Members in person, I had enough confidence in their ability to deliver Summer 2019, to place a non-refundable deposit on Evergreen Edition #19. Still waiting for the Elio test drive, Chip Stempeck promised me on the Fly The Road Forum, back in 2010. :) Arcimoto’s or EMV’s future success can only be determined by public and private fleet sales acceptance of a three wheeler commuter/delivery vehicle. I think their future is bright and will pave the way for other three wheelers to expand the market.
I do too, but they still walk a knife edge every day. And will continue to do so for some time to come.
According to what I've read, the majority of FUV reservation holders are not opting for a $19,900 Evergreen.
They're waiting and hoping that they will have the option of the original ~$11,900 vehicle they were told about.
Though almost everything's in place, the regular production line starting pistol hasn't even fired yet.

My statement still stands.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is all I ever got from them, never another word. and I (only) lose $3.30 (ha).... i will have to pursue a refund for giggles...

Your order has been received and is now being processed. Your order details are shown below for your reference
Order 1714SGVQBQUExxxxxxxxxxxxx
Product

Total
Subtotal:

$100.00

Non-refundable Transaction Fee:
$3.30

Payment Method:
Online Payment

Total:
$103.30

SONDORS EV Preorder x1
$100.00

Additional Orders
Customer Details

· Email address: hogxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

· Phone: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Yep. I have one of those. Somewhere. I think.

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Agreed. Three levels of "making it" seem reasonable, though there could be arguments for more distinctions.
1. Limited Production
2. Full-scale Production
3. Profitability

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You do realize that Elio has turned all of the three wheeler fans into cynics. Elio will be what everyone references when there's a three or four wheeled startup that wants your money.
You must not get out much (visiting other 3-wheeler fan sites) because it's it's already been like that for a couple of years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom