• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elgin Dash Got Nixed

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a standard dash display will be the choice.

There are many components that make up a vehicle which do not receive much attention. We spend quite a bit time thinking about a vehicle’s engine, but significantly less on components like a door handle, hood latch, and many others. Take your vehicle’s dashboard, for instance. While you may not think of it often, it provides a crucial function to the driving experience. A dash is much more than a cosmetic component and conveys important information to the driver. At Elio Motors, our dash has been a major topic of conversation among our supporters.

Up to this point, the design of the Elio Motors dash has resembled a Lord Elgin watch. The idea for the Elgin dash comes from a Lord Elgin watch Paul Elio received from his late father. The Elgin dash was one way Paul wanted to honor his father’s memory.

While we still believe the originality of the Elgin dash mirrors that of our vehicle, as a team we have decided to incorporate a traditional dash in the Elio. Today, we will take a look at the reasons for our decision.

go.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hubfs_Elio_20IP_201.jpg_bbbc0c5904fa72020c5ab8b97038a523.jpg

Reservation Holder Feedback

At Elio Motors, we have an extensive network of vociferous supporters. Our supporters have always been very vocal in their opinions and ready to provide feedback on different aspects of our vehicle. After the idea of the Elgin dash was introduced, we realized that there was a strong preference for a traditional dash. The feedback from supporters and reservation holders was a major reason we will offer a standard dash in the base vehicle.
Why would you want "Lord Elgin" when your promoting a vehicle that is American made with over 90% of its parts from the United States, not United Kingdom. Thanks for the change.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So the folks at EM do read this forum and paid attention to what their customers want. Hopefully it will cost less for EM to incorporate this new instrument cluster. I am not opposed to EM offering the Elgin as an option for a reasonable price. I was one of the few that thought that the Elgin dash was unique for a unique vehicle.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You beat me to it! I'm glad we get a traditional dash. :D

I am glad to stay with a conventional style Dash also. Paul Elio is a good son to remember his father. Glad he shared his memory with us regarding the Elgin watch. I will be very comfortable with the conventional style dash in my Elio.
Thank you Team Elio Motors for the review and outcome regarding dash.

Last edited by a moderator:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I compliment Paul on his decision to prioritize his customers' preferences, safety and budgets.

It's an off-the-shelf dash, yes? Which saves us money on the purchase price, yes?
AND... It's not the Elgin. I'm not going to complain about some extra lights. Nope. Not one bit.

That said... I've asked EM to get it here (in the vehicle) by Tuesday. They have my address.

I have no idea what "off the shelf" means, or who's shelf. I assume when Elio goes into production and puts an order in for 120,000 speed, tach and idiot light OEM clusters for the US market, they will be specified specific to the US Elio from the guy with the shelf.
Those 2 louver round vents look awfully familiar. I have seen them before, but not on a shelf.

Last edited:
Top Bottom