• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elgin Dash Got Nixed

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
yWhhV4KOPo_AWCQFvU8tEGUnfEezA4QhA_kNbyyBJp_0JZbpqaDSU2qtKhoQ0DKaEIW0EdaNdhDZcUC9SKkiwqVes2OlEBxQawyuqELw6Qs1_ayDU9ITpT9uEOLtsuDgIvOZKB6wQZLKpDbBfGwLOubQ29PG56Jmm75R=s0-d-e1-ft
I would think that an autocycle named ELIO is also a great way for Paul to honor his father's memory.

Well said, booboo!
You're smarter that the average.

BEAR! There, I said it. :faint:

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hallelujah ! A "real" dash at last. I couldn't be happier, but feel I need to mention one possible pitfall. The design in the pic shows white lettering on black. Now, I don't have a problem with that as long as it is readable in the daylight. The reason I mention this is because we have an Xterra (a great car by the way), and the only complaint I've ever had about it is the white on black instruments. They very hard to read in the daytime, and with sun glasses on, forget it. Maybe they could consider white faces with black numbers.... I hope Elio reads this and takes notice. And, yes, I know, "This forum is not associated with Elio Motors, bla, bla, bla."

If it follows my Honda Fit, no worries. The Fit dash is white on black, but it is lit with LED's whenever the ignition is on. Very easy to read. ;)

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hallelujah ! A "real" dash at last. I couldn't be happier, but feel I need to mention one possible pitfall. The design in the pic shows white lettering on black. Now, I don't have a problem with that as long as it is readable in the daylight. The reason I mention this is because we have an Xterra (a great car by the way), and the only complaint I've ever had about it is the white on black instruments. They very hard to read in the daytime, and with sun glasses on, forget it. Maybe they could consider white faces with black numbers.... I hope Elio reads this and takes notice. And, yes, I know, "This forum is not associated with Elio Motors, bla, bla, bla."
I like the way white on black looks when lit up, when all you see are the markings. These look like they will be easy to read in daylight, must see in person to say definitively though. Angles and overhang have a lot to do with that.
The dials will probably not be real glass and metal, my preference, but thankfully, they will not be behind a silly piece of curved poly plastic like many guage clusters are today.
The 2 louver round vents are very nice. The 3 knob air control, as mentioned, is very nice. The overall symmetry is very nice. It is inspiring that Elio actually listened to customers. It is smart for them to make this autocycle worthy of our lust.
I am happy, and think will be very happy, when the production models come out looking like a million.

P.S. I did an Elio Owners search for a Glove Compartment, could not find it.

Last edited:

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will pray to the Lord of Elgin for his and my beleaguered soul, for he deliverith not mine Elio, yet, maybe someday, I will receive deliverance when King Donald and the Prince of Perry deem it appropriate. Then I will go hither to the Earl of Scheib for a new paint job.

Top Bottom